• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting and working and living short term UP NORTH

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leeds has at least one fairly nice Aparthotel which is not expensive IIRC and very central. Surely Manchester too though I don't like it there.

Do you want to walk to work or drive or what? Outside the city proper the countryside can be quite nice. You could even live in York and commute to Leeds, York is very nice.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
      I was going to say avoid ANY commute on the b'tard of a 'road'. This is coming from someone who did the M25 for 10 years. If you're on that side of the Pennines there more work in Leeds than else where. Manchester is buzzing ATM and rates are good, but you'll have stiff competition. Accomodation in Stockport is far cheaper than Manchester.
      For a good reason.

"I live in Cheshire"
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        your're
        Ah... keeping your options open! I like it

Comment

For a good reason
          It's tulipe. Good job he won't have to live there.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Leeds has at least one fairly nice Aparthotel which is not expensive IIRC and very central. Surely Manchester too though I don't like it there.
            RACIST!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              RACIST!
              No it just looks like a dump... streets full of litter as you drive in, noisy (English) drunks in the centre. I thought Manchester had been hugely improved over the recent past but perhaps I'm getting mixed up with Liverpool? The NW is not an area I know well.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Salford is an improving area:
                Manchester, Rochdale and Salford all make the top ten in national murder and homicide chart - Manchester Evening News
                Gun crime on the rise? Our timeline shows 30 shootings in Greater Manchester in the last 14 months - Manchester Evening News
                https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ns-and-cities/

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  What an informative list. I didn't know there were so many places north of Watford. I thought it was all a nuclear wasteland

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    What an informative list. I didn't know there were so many places north of Watford. I thought it was all a nuclear wasteland
                    It's OK if you have the right kit...
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Reykjavik is lovely.

Comment

Working...
                      X