• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could these two images be the same guy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could these two images be the same guy?

Curious to know if people reckon these two images are likely to depict the same guy.

I took the photo month or two ago, on a mobile phone camera, and it didn't come out too badly IISSM

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Probably not; one has a neck like Gladstone Small, the other's is like a giraffe.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

the coin has a monobrow.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        the coin has a monobrow.
        And dreads.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Fairs points although, due to technical limitations of the time, the image on the coin is little more than a crude caricature

Here is a side view, taken with my trusty Canon, with another coin of the same time to match.

(Unfortunately it came out way too dark as I had it on the wrong setting and didn't realize until I was back home! )

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Fairs points although, due to technical limitations of the time, the image on the coin is little more than a crude caricature

Here is a side view, taken with my trusty Canon, with another coin of the same time to match.

(Unfortunately it came out way too dark as I had it on the wrong setting and didn't realize until I was back home! )

If you showed me the second coin & the statue I would say they are closer, brows are more similar, both noses are straight. The first coin has a monobrow and button nose.

Though recess under the chin & shape of jowls are wrong on second coin.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              If you showed me the second coin & the statue I would say they are closer, brows are more similar, both noses are straight. The first coin has a monobrow and button nose.
              That's what I thought (both images are of the same stone carving BTW, from different angles).

But bear in mind that the carving has been there for several hundred years, and around for two or three hundred years longer, and may have been touched up over time where the paint has faded or started flaking off.

Plus, the carving is looking downward, so the chin is less prominent than on the coin, in fact pretty much concealed from ground level.

Also the carving is helping support several thousand tons of masonry, which may help explain the thick neck!

Comment

Working...
              X