• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Gear how would you fix it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another less than great review

Top Gear reviewed by CHRISTOPHER STEVENS | Daily Mail Online

then I saw this comment and thought hmm how would you fix the problem.

BBC should ditch the formula and get the pairs from SOS and Wheeler Dealers in to fight it out against each other every episode.
    Now I quite like a bit of history showing pedigree combined with a decent review of the car, it might be nice to review a car someone other than SAS's imaginary hubby can afford.

I think Edd China & Mike Brewer are rather fun despite not being into cars I love the show. Maybe get them to run it ? I'm still up for Jodie Kidd or Billie Piper to put on tight leathers & present.

So what would you do?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Get Hammond, May and Clarkson back. It is that simple.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      I think they are enjoying Amazon too much I'm pretty sure Clobber Clarkson never goes hungry, in fact most nights they are shown eating top notch grub.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Phil Glenister is good - For the love of cars.

I would get some hot crumpet in as well.

MLB is out of his depth.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I thought it was ok on Sunday. It made me laugh, which the previous series failed to do. I think they still need to relax a bit more though, especially in the studio. But at least they've got rid of that bellend Evans, and having 3 presenters is much better than the 7 or how ever many it was in the last series.

Comment

Maybe it shouldn't be kept going just for the sake of it. Or let it lie a few years and bring it back.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Never going to happen. Amazon are paying them millions, and their new show is a huge hit. You can't create or script the sort of chemistry they had, so I can't see the current TG lasting much beyond this current series.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Leave it as it is for a season to see if the new presenting team bed in.

It will always struggle as the format has been running for so long that all the interesting things to be done already have been!

Maybe if the season doesn't work, take it out the back and shoot it?

Comment

The format was getting very stale even when they were still doing it.

Comment

I wouldn't bother. MLB is doing his best but he's playing a role, not his enthusiast self. Rory is annoying as hell right now but may improve as he settles down. "Let's Race" Harris thrashing a pointless car around a deserted racetrack is equally pointless and ultimately boring (hint: you don't drive racing cars like that anyway...). The Kazakhstan thing was tedious and too staged to have any meaning. Net entertainment value of Sunday's show was close to zero.

So basically, finish showing this series since we've already paid for it, then go away and think about what it is you're trying to achieve. As it stands it's lost its way.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X