• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Italians "playing" rugby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Er, no.

OTOH Wales are a bloody good team and keep losing.

HTH...
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    England are a crap side. Saturday proved that. It would have been funny if they'd lost.

They've only been beating other teams because they've got a very good coach whos made them reach down and find their nadgers. Unfortunately, its not in the English rugby psyche to do that which is why they need a foreigner to help them.

Wales on the other hand always think they can beat anyone but insist on picking the same old crap.
    Agreed Wales are a very good side. They have good players who work well together. However you have to win - its all that counts.

England can hardly be crap if they have won 17 on the trot.

The English weakness is those who run the game. Sometimes there is a coach who makes up that. Clive Woodward was one.

Personally I would have a rule that the only person who could coach national squads has to be from that country. Rugby, football, etc.

England won 2 grand slams on the trot in 91 and 92. Wales decided they had to beat England in 93 or "we will never hear the last of it". I hope England gets a grand slam in 16, 17 and 18 then finally the other home nations will stop whining.

WAles is a brilliant country with smashing people. Until they talk about the English. Maybe it is because they are so small? I have to order by socks in M&S as they don't sell them big enough in Wales - only in England. Either way, we are in a global economy where nationalism is becoming less important. We should all try to work together.....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      England are a crap side. Saturday proved that. It would have been funny if they'd lost.

They've only been beating other teams because they've got a very good coach whos made them reach down and find their nadgers. Unfortunately, its not in the English rugby psyche to do that which is why they need a foreigner to help them.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I tend to agree, but I'm looking forward to the Scotland match, because another hallmark of a good team is the ability to change gears, and no amount of coaching can substitute for that - needs real depth.
        That'll be real then

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          That'll be real then
          Where's Scooter when you need him?

Comment

All my Scots friends seem to have disappeared today for some reason.....

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I thought they played well in the second half once they had figured out what was going on. And no doubt got a rocket from Eddie
              I think Scotland have shot their load, they're not going to be much of a challenge. Famous last words?
              Let's hope my Brexit forecasts aren't as prescient, eh?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

If they are you will be back to tell us all about it. If not, you will not admit you got it wrong.

Comment

Predicting a crushing defeat for the Jocks is hardly rocket science, is it? Still, you give yourself a big pat on the back if it makes you feel better.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    Predicting a crushing defeat for the Jocks is hardly rocket science, is it? Still, you give yourself a big pat on the back if it makes you feel better.
                    Hardly "crushing" if you let through four fairly simple tries from a much-weakened opposition though, is it...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                      Hardly "crushing" if you let through four fairly simple tries from a much-weakened opposition though, is it...
                      I was wondering what the Welsh contingent would find to whine about. Wales is such as great country - completely wasted on the Welsh.

Its probably because they are all so short.

At least a survey recently showed that Welsh are less racist than before. They are far more likely to sh4g a black sheep these days (credits to Vetran for the comment).

Comment

Working...
                      X