Posts 21 to 30 of 47

Better than AtW

sasguru is NOT a disguised employee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Thanks fountain of knowledge. I'll wait for the facts rather than your constant surmising as to the course of the UK economy.
    The facts are present already for those who wish to analyse them.
    For those who cannot or will not, there's always the hoping against hope and trusting to luck "strategy" that is usally followed by the flaky.
    "The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

Winston Churchill

Contractor Among Contractors

The_Equalizer has more data than eek

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    The facts are present already for those who wish to analyse them.
    For those who cannot or will not, there's always the hoping against hope and trusting to luck "strategy" that is usally followed by the flaky.
    I've heard of this fella who thinks the UK is going down the toilet and so sold his three houses its going to be very bad he repeatedly tells us. Unusually he then decides to reinvest his funds from his main property - 800K - back into the failing UK.

He also claims that shorting Sterling is a one-way bet, yet surprisingly, only puts a 'small amount' on this bet. However, hes totally convinced hes right.

He's also off to another European country whose economy isn't in particularly good health - well that's what he says. Despite being so bright - he fills hours of his day posting abuse pointing just how clever he is compared to the rest. Realistically anyone who had just retired (or on the cusp of doing so), minted and supremely bright would be doing anything but such things.

Better than AtW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've heard of this fella who thinks the UK is going down the toilet and so sold his three houses its going to be very bad he repeatedly tells us. Unusually he then decides to reinvest his funds from his main property - 800K - back into the failing UK.

He also claims that shorting Sterling is a one-way bet, yet surprisingly, only puts a 'small amount' on this bet. However, hes totally convinced hes right.

He's also off to another European country whose economy isn't in particularly good health - well that's what he says. Despite being so bright - he fills hours of his day posting abuse pointing just how clever he is compared to the rest. Realistically anyone who had just retired (or on the cusp of doing so), minted and supremely bright would be doing anything but such things.

Well as usual you've totally misunderstood - or wilfully misprepresented - what I'm doing and my situtation.
    Suffice to say that I'm now happy I have options should things go south
    "The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

Winston Churchill

The_Equalizer has more data than eek

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well as usual you've totally misunderstood - or wilfully misprepresented - what I'm doing and my situtation.
    Suffice to say that I'm now happy I have options should things go south
    Feel free to clarify what I've misunderstood. I'm pretty sure I'm spot on and equally sure you'll not set the record straight. Instead you'll just post some curt reply and a couple of emojis.

Better than AtW

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Feel free to clarify what I've misunderstood. I'm pretty sure I'm spot on and equally sure you'll not set the record straight. Instead you'll just post some curt reply and a couple of emojis.
    Ok.

1. I haven't "reinvested" back in the Uk. I've sold my BTLs and looking to downsize main residence (which is too big for needs) anway. All in order to have a fighting fund.

2. I'm not an investor in the currency markets. I also think stock picking is a mug's game, so I invest in index funds (basically agree with Burton Malkiel). BUt whatever cash is uninvested (which isn't much) is in USD. I don't see any upside to Sterling in the near to medium term.

3. My ultimate goal is to retire to Portugal. As I won't be working there I don't care how it fares economically. Indeed the cheaper things are the better. However that's a 5-10 year plan (I'm not yet 50) so would still like to generate cash.

HTH, BIDI.
    Last edited by sasguru; 27th February 2017 at 12:06.

Winston Churchill

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or perhaps that more Brits will decide to ply their knowledge on home turf? Why not come and join us?
    Well with the public sector contractor market imploding it's perhaps not that attractive.

Tech contractors begin mass UK.gov exodus in wake of HMRC's IR35 income tax clampdown • The Register
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

woohoo 's job has never been outsourced

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What did SAS and Scooter boy go on about before Brexit?

Godlike

LondonManc - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    What did SAS and Scooter boy go on about before Brexit?
    What didn't they?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Super poster

Mordac is NOT a disguised employee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Well with the public sector contractor market imploding it's perhaps not that attractive.

Tech contractors begin mass UK.gov exodus in wake of HMRC's IR35 income tax clampdown • The Register
    Don't panic, Crapita have offered to take on the work. What can possibly go wrong?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Double Godlike!

OwlHoot is NOT a disguised employee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did you know for example that 80% of manufacturing firms in Britain with employees of a hundred or more are foreign-owned? ...
    And?

If they're all based in the UK it's because employment law is more favourable for them here than elsewhere in the EU, despite the EU's best efforts to "harmonise" it.

So post Brexit there will be even more incentive for them to stay in the UK (assuming Labour don't get in and feck up everything by destroying with misguided legislation what little competitive advantage we have).
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast