• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Project Manager Uselessness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Manager Uselessness

What use are most PMs really? My 7 year old can do a fooking Gantt chart.
    Is it a case of those with the talent earn the big bucks and those who can't PM?
    In any case most ex and current PMs come across as thick as pig-tulip.
    It's becoming the case that senior devs increasingly take on the PM - that makes sense as they'll understand the issues and can even get their hands dirty if needs be.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Oh dear, has someone told you to pull your socks up. Don't worry, happens to everyone(well except me) at some time.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Mine doesn't even have the guts to call me out even though I've started rocking up at 10.00am.
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

PM: stek, how long to build a dual VIO POWER8 frame?

stek: Oh, about 3 days (reality; half a day)

PM: OK, let me know when you've started it.

stek: On it now, doing it as fast as I can.......

PM walks off......

stek: (Puts feet up and relaxes..) Baldrick, put the kettle on.....

Comment

We've not had a PM since November, can't say we have noticed much of a difference
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            We've not had a PM since November, can't say we have noticed much of a difference
            One project, on our third one in the year. makes for fun.

We do have prettier Microsoft project charts.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Is it a case of those with the talent earn the big bucks and those who can't PM?
              And you're the exception, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Oh dear, has someone told you to pull your socks up. Don't worry, happens to everyone(well except me)
                That's 'cos you run around snot-nosed and barefoot, isn't it. I just hope you remembered to put your pants and trousers on this morning.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  In any case most ex and current PMs come across as thick as pig-tulip.
                  That's normally my base starting point, it ensures that I am never disappointed
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Insight, you are right in your analysis of the situation. The problem is not the fact that you do not have a seven day notice clause, it is that the client has a seven day notice clause to get rid of you.

I have always found that if a contractor really wants to leave there is little that can (or should) be done to prevent it. This is because most contractors are quite professional in managing their departure. These clauses should only ever be invoked if a contractor does something very naughty . The fact that they are there is really a deterrence rather than anything else.
                    Hey hey
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X