• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't get any work done, Misses working from home.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get any work done, Misses working from home.

I work from home but.... the misses has started to work from home a couple of days a week.

I get a running commentary on everything, the weather, the mail, the amount of mail, whats in my mail. I get lots of coffees but they are my only break, so now I don't even have an excuse to leave my desk.

I'm also being told that I'm not giving the dog enough attention. I'm also now the default IT support for her mac.

I've tried explaining to her that I'm working and it's similar to her walking in on a colleague and just talking to them.

What can i do?

Divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I work from home but.... the misses has started to work from home a couple of days a week.

I get a running commentary on everything, the weather, the mail, the amount of mail, whats in my mail. I get lots of coffees but they are my only break, so now I don't even have an excuse to leave my desk.

I'm also being told that I'm not giving the dog enough attention. I'm also now the default IT support for her mac.

I've tried explaining to her that I'm working and it's similar to her walking in on a colleague and just talking to them.

What can i do?
      Have a word and say you can't concentrate, that's what I have to do.
      Sometimes its OK, depending on what I'm doing.

Separate rooms obviously helps.

Good Luck
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Get a manshack

My house has at least 3 kids in it at any one time. (well except when she goes to toddler groups). I have a cosy office with a decent stereo.

charge for Mac support.

Get a radio / headphones.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          What can i do?
          Get a man cave out in the garden...

(What I mean is a movable structure that can become your office. Sounds like a good claim!)

But to keep the misses under control, don't let her know the secret code on how to open the door

And make sure it's got a window and then you can keep an eye on the dog as well.

Win, Win!
          We're all ears!

Comment

I moved out.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Get a manshack

My house has at least 3 kids in it at any one time. (well except when she goes to toddler groups). I have a cosy office with a decent stereo.

charge for Mac support.

Get a radio / headphones.
              I've looked into a manshack last month but the misses wants to share it.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                I moved out.
                I'm starting to appreciate my misses more now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                  Divorce.
                  Apart from this she is great.

Comment

It is a hard one to sort. It's worse when you are in the middle of typing something and you get disturbed. After shouting "Tappy tappy, think thinky." at the Mrs and kids several hundred times they now come in and hover behind me until I have finished typing. It's an improvement I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X