• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

German budget surplus highest since 1990

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I actually laughed reading that.

Zero hour contract employers who filter their taxes to a land far away stripping our vital public services of cash.
    It's only temporary to get out of crisis , besides immigrants don't complain that much. Oh and it's not 0 hour contract, it's flexible workforce, and people have a choice to go to work or not.

Comment

Zero hour contract employers who filter their taxes to a land far away stripping our vital public services of cash.
      Where do you get this "our" from squarehead??
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        It's only temporary to get out of crisis , besides immigrants don't complain that much. Oh and it's not 0 hour contract, it's flexible workforce, and people have a choice to go to work or not.
        Would YOU accept a 0 hour contract?

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          me being a contractor at good rate? no. Other people don't have this choice. And my post was sarcastic

Comment

me being a contractor at good rate? no. Other people don't have this choice. And my post was sarcastic
            Sorry, been on Reddit watching people mudslinging over Trump. Blinded by septics having to '"/s" everything.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              Aren't contractors theoretically on 0 hour contracts? I mean, your client can quite easily say don't come in on certain days or at certain times, look at the furloughs that banks say you have to take, etc.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Aren't contractors theoretically on 0 hour contracts? I mean, your client can quite easily say don't come in on certain days or at certain times, look at the furloughs that banks say you have to take, etc.
                Theoretically yes I'd agree, one of the contractors here got canned a few weeks back. He was 3 months into a 6 month contract and they told him to pack up and go, no explanation (not that one is needed) but it is a stark reminder that is can happen at anytime if you're not up to task.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

So far I'm Ok with them as long as everyone is benefiting from their success too. Them being strong economically is actually enriching Poland now as their closest, and poorer, neighbour
                  Yeah it must be great to actually be a recipient rather than a contributor
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

I actually laughed reading that.

Why? Do you think they are the wrong sort of jobs? Or the wrong employment mechanism?

Do you think the 23% of unemployed Greeks, 20% of unemployed Spaniards, 10% of unemployed French and Italians would think it's funny? All those people trapped and struggling.

I noticed that you didn't address my main point. That running a persistent trade surplus is not "good" and effectively exports unemployment to other nations.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post

I noticed that you didn't address my main point. That running a persistent trade surplus is not "good" and effectively exports unemployment to other nations.
                      Well he won't address that for 2 main reasons. The first is that he doesn't understand it, and the second is that, even if he did, he wouldn't know the answer.
                      For someone that complains so much about the UK, he doesn't seem to be in any rush to leave. A hypocrite in the truest sense.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                      X