• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Net migration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yeah, say what you like, the Germans DO have a dark sense of humour!!

Wasn't there a German posting earlier in the week about moving to the UK and setting up a business getting contract work for other Germans?

I know contract rates in the UK are 20% higher than in Germany but surely they would rather be poorer than come to us?

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
      Interesting that it's racism. Bit of a blinkered and childish view you have. You clearly still don't understand what we voted for and why.

As for attracting the brightest and best, it seems the likes of Google think we will continue to do so.

I like Poles more than Germans (although I can make exceptions) and pretty much any nationality more than most French. It's a cultural thing.

What is interesting is how much the Poles hate the Germans. Possibly understandable but still interesting to watch.
      Yep massive rise of racism which my family felt on their skin (verbal and physical abuse).

You keep repeating slogans, take back control etc. BULLtulip

Fact and figures dude, what good comes out of brexit?
      Last edited by diseasex; 23 February 2017, 11:50.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
        Yep massive rise of racism which my family felt on their skin (verbal and physical abuse).
        Haven't seen it here. Neither have any of my foreign friends and associates, including Poles.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Haven't seen it here. Neither have any of my foreign friends and associates, including Poles.
          Situation 1
          My father is on a train. Some lady started asking him questions (cant remember what, it was immediately after brexit). noticed polish accent and escalated things quickly wanted to scratch his face with nails shouting you ******* polish go to poland etc. My father commented she was mentally handicapped or something

Situation 2
          My mother works at family bargains. Noticed some english lady left purse on floor/ shelf (whatever). she took it and chased that lady and gave it back. Half a minute later lady checks her purse and goes all like "omg my wallet is missing , you ****** polish thief, get me your manager" etc etc etc. all was on cameras.
          half an hour later it turned out that idiot lost her wallet too in shop next door and came back apologising.

Situation 3
          My aunt lives in salford. Those little tulips noticed they are family of polish and it started. Dead rat on the doorway, rocks on the windows etc. She didn't tell me all of it but it was to the point they moved out.

So you know GB9 stick your arguments about no racism up your arse, seriously dude.

Me myself I'm shielded from this crap , i drive, never use public transport, interact only with friends and decent people, live in a flat, rarely speak polish publicly.
          Last edited by diseasex; 23 February 2017, 12:06.

Comment

Situation 1
            My father is on a train. Some lady started asking him questions (cant remember what, it was immediately after brexit). noticed polish accent and escalated things quickly wanted to scratch his face with nails shouting you ******* polish go to poland etc. My father commented she was mentally handicapped or something

Situation 2
            My mother works at family bargains. Noticed some english lady left purse on floor/ shelf (whatever). she took it and chased that lady and gave it back. Half a minute later lady checks her purse and goes all like "omg my wallet is missing , you ****** polish thief, get me your manager" etc etc etc. all was on cameras.
            half an hour later it turned out that idiot lost her wallet too in shop next door and came back apologising.

So you know GB9 stick your arguments about no racism up your arse, seriously dude.

Me myself is shielded from this crap , i drive, never use public transport, interact only with friends and decent people.
            Now, I know the rest is a pack of lies

In the 1st instance r.e. your father, not the greatest of examples as the woman was obviously mentally ill.
            Also, I believe you may face more of this depending where you are actually living here.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Now, I know the rest is a pack of lies

In the 1st instance r.e. your father, not the greatest of examples as the woman was obviously mentally ill.
              Also, I believe you may face more of this depending where you are actually living here.
              Do you think I made this up? What for?
              And this just happened around me. It must be quite bad nationally, wasn't it 60% surge in hate crime after brexit?

Comment

Situation 1

Situation 2

I'm amazed at how many people can spot a Polish accent. I sure as hell can't. Not UK maybe, but getting it down to telling someone is Polish as opposed to Hungarian, Bulgarian, Latvian etc. is quite a skill.

Are you sure it wasn't just because your family are as offensive as you are?

If you treat everyone as being racist in the way you post on here then it's no wonder you get grief. You would get the same with that attitude if you were English, French, Chinese, Indian.

Instead of recognising how offensive you are you hide behind being Polish. Everything bad is because you are Polish and everyone else is racist. I'm guessing that's because you have nothing positive to say about the EU so you have to resort to calling everyone else racist. The sort of argument a 6 year old would come up with.

Personally I would welcome Poles ahead of most other nationalities. In your case, lose that sack of potatoes you're carrying around first.

Comment

And this just happened around me. It must be quite bad nationally, wasn't it 60% surge in hate crime after brexit?
                  Because you are attention seeking? You think it helps the EU cause and the lack of positive argument you put forward?

I hope it didn't happen as no one deserves that. I can't prove either way but personally, I don't believe you.

And it dropped back to previous levels within 2 months.

Comment

I was joking .

Having been called Gandhi, Paki etc. for having dark skin for a lot of my life you get over it.
                    (Remember this was the 70's)

My other half is Jamaican also, so I know what real racist behaviour is like......

And.....

Do you know what, we treat it with the "respect" it deserves and totally ignore it
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      I was joking .

Having been called Gandhi, Paki etc. for having dark skin for a lot of my life you get over it.
                      (Remember this was the 70's)

My other half is Jamaican also, so I know what real racist behaviour is like......

And.....

Do you know what, we treat it with the "respect" it deserves and totally ignore it
                      And you should never have had to go through any of that either.

Unfortunately there are people who will use any excuse to fight, bully etc.

Disease blaming everything on us wanting to leave the EU is plain lazy and extremely offensive.

Comment

Working...
                      X