• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Group Face-To-Face Interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doconline View Post
    By this do you mean they are bringing in all the contractors together and you are chasing the same position in the gig? Or are you going to be working on the project together and it's a new team so they are using it as a team bonding session to see how you get on together?

If the former it sounds like a very permie thing to do. Think it can be quite common, I had the same thing when I doing my A-Levels for a job in Halfords many years ago. If it is this for a contract, I would be giving it a wide birth.
    Sounds like a consultancy to me
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Depends how desperate the op is for work.

I would tell them to feck off......after I'd finished laughing

Comment

One of my last perm roles did this - it was more for getting lots of candidates interviewed at once cos we were in a rush.

2 hours was a coding test/examples IIRC

Next bit was an interview with 2 people.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          Depends how desperate the op is for work.

I would tell them to feck off......after I'd finished laughing
          Cynic.

I'm sure there will be a lot of fun had on the day

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yeah I have done this - I wouldn't do so again...
            You will probably get a group task to sort out, everyone is being watched to see how they interact in a team etc.
            Everyone is on best behaviour so it is usually ok, you want to contribute but not squash anyone else down (unless the job is after that type !)

If this is a contract, it better pay top dollar, if it's perm - then why ??

Comment

Never heard of anything like this. Sounds humiliating.

Hunger games next.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Laxative or LSD in the coffee pot in the morning. Last person standing by lunch, gig is yours. Sounds a doddle.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have seen this for perm roles with some of the so called big 5 consultancies.
                  I was invited I think it was Deloitte 3 years ago or so, told them if they were interested in hiring me they should meet me face to face, which they didn't want, because HR process blah blah blah, so I declined.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Laxative or LSD in the coffee pot in the morning. Last person standing by lunch, gig is yours. Sounds a doddle.
                    Don't forget the tazer for the tea drinkers.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Never heard of anything like this. Sounds humiliating.

Hunger games next.
                      10:40. Thursday 23 Feb 17.

I agree with Scoots, even down to the Hunger Games.

Comment

Working...
                      X