• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Greatest Record Album

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.turntablelab.com/product...eace-vinyl-3lp

This for me is a great album with fantastic art work. The playing is on point - I've read before that JB ran a tight ship and heavily fined his band when they made mistakes

"ELECTRIFYING LIVE RECORDING OF JAMES BROWN AND THE J.B.'S! Love Power Peace was recorded live at the Olympia in Paris in 1971 and offers a rare glimpse of the Godfather in action at the height of his career along with his youngblood J.B.'s (including Bootsy and Catfish Collins) as back up. The performance was intended to be released as a triple vinyl set and was consequently sequenced and mixed by James Brown himself, only to be shelved once key band members left before it could be issued. Now, many decades later, Polydor has put together the 3LP set as Brown had envisioned, mastered from JB's original 1971 mixdown reels, and complete with deluxe triple gatefold sleeve featuring rare photos and liner notes from tour director Alan Leeds. A must for soul fans and JB aficionados."

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
      https://www.turntablelab.com/product...eace-vinyl-3lp

This for me is a great album with fantastic art work. The playing is on point - I've read before that JB ran a tight ship and heavily fined his band when they made mistakes

"ELECTRIFYING LIVE RECORDING OF JAMES BROWN AND THE J.B.'S! Love Power Peace was recorded live at the Olympia in Paris in 1971 and offers a rare glimpse of the Godfather in action at the height of his career along with his youngblood J.B.'s (including Bootsy and Catfish Collins) as back up. The performance was intended to be released as a triple vinyl set and was consequently sequenced and mixed by James Brown himself, only to be shelved once key band members left before it could be issued. Now, many decades later, Polydor has put together the 3LP set as Brown had envisioned, mastered from JB's original 1971 mixdown reels, and complete with deluxe triple gatefold sleeve featuring rare photos and liner notes from tour director Alan Leeds. A must for soul fans and JB aficionados."
      I will check that out, cheers

In the early 90's I James Brown perform off a back of a truck in some field off the M25.
      He was very good even that far down the line.....

Then off to some acid house party, in Brighton, where Primal Scream were in attendance.

Quite a night
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I don't know if any of you saw it but there was a very timely BBC4 documentary on Friday night called When the Album Ruled the World and it charted the progression of acts producing an LP full of individual pop songs through to the an LP full of album tracks; a concept album, if you like.

And it was a really inneresting programme. I didn't realise that the first act generally recognised to have produced an album per se was Dylan. I always assumed it was the Beach Boys or the Beatles.

Talking of concept albums, one of my all time favourites has to be Brothers in Arms. But this weekend, I discovered some new Straits related material that I'd never come across before.

Yes, I have all the DS albums and the Notting Hillbillies stuff but I'd never heard anything by David Knopfler - Mark Knopfler's little brother. I was round at a friend's house and she put on one of her records called Lips Against The Steel and I have to say it was really good. I'm looking forward to collecting the rest of his oeuvre over the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

Yes, I have all the DS albums and the Notting Hillbillies stuff but I'd never heard anything by David Knopfler - Mark Knopfler's little brother. I was round at a friend's house and she put on one of her records called Lips Against The Steel and I have to say it was really good. I'm looking forward to collecting the rest of his oeuvre over the coming weeks.
          Didn't MK sack him (and the rest of the band) after their first or second LP? Sure he was the bass player...

Fookn hate Dire Straits after Making Movies, went up their arses after that....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

Fookn hate Dire Straits after Making Movies, went up their arses after that....
            My memories of them are that they were liked by the dullest people imaginable where I went to college.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
              My memories of them are that they were liked by the dullest people imaginable where I went to college.
              So, you know Pip rather well then
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
              X