• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Greatest Record Album

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      What so special about that apart from you get a free massive Irish ****.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I've had about four copies - it's so special others have lifted my copy in appreciation.

Truly a magnificent album. Well paced, not rushed. From a different era.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I've had about four copies - each one sounded worse than the last.
          FTFY
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Who Live at Leeds for the packaging.

Comment

I've had about four copies - it's so special others have lifted my copy in appreciation.

Truly a magnificent album. Well paced, not rushed. From a different era.
              Yes but what freebies / gimmicks came with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                The only freeby that came with it was Bono's tax bill
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Still got somewhere in the garage....

1. Joy Division - Still - came in a Hessian covered sleeve with a bookmark strip for some reason.

2. Monty Python Instant Record Collection - folds out to a 12" cube with pretend records printed on such as 'The Wonderful Sound of Hip Injuries' and ' Norma Shearer Sings Duane Eddy'....

I also had (this was from my Factory Records collecting period) a record I think by Cabaret Voltaire (or Durutti Column, not sure now, lost it) that had a sandpaper cover to destroy the record sleeves it was stacked against. A sort of Art ruins Art Tony Wilson thing. Fact is sandpaper glass got inside the cover and scratched the record inside.

I was trying to collect every FAC release but then they started giving things like the Hacienda Cat a FAC number and spoilt the fun. Think there was even one for Tony Wilson's divorce....

Got Squeeze's 'Up the Junction' in Lilac vinyl somewhere and my brother had lot's of Sex Pistols records from France with photocopied (prolly Zeroxed actually) made-up sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                    I still have an original pressing of U2's 'Boy' album, and also had the tee-shirt from same era, a tee shirt that holds happy memories for me since not only did I get my first blowjob in it, I also got a second off another woman two minutes afterwards.

OK, was in a back street in Bolton and the women were known locally as '10 and 12' - lived at numbers 10 and 12 with husbands on the rigs, happy days....

I wish I could 'rise to the occasion' for another after one now, struggle for the one now to be honest.

Here's me in said tee shirt, c. 1982? experimenting with various harmonicas as I was heavily into Neil Young at this time too. I apologise for the dodgy hair and odd jeans.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      The special bit is that it was from an era when U2 produced great songs and didn't lecture. No album notes, preachy anecdotes, nothing. Less is more sometimes.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X