• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't chat up women on bikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    so criminal damage is OK if you are insulted?
    OK - yes
    Lawful - no

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Incidentally it's always men who try and knock male cyclists of their bikes if they are ever stupid enough to go through a pedestrian crossing on a red light.
      Of course it is dearie.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          We do have to stop for red lights.

Incidentally it's always men who try and knock male cyclists of their bikes if they are ever stupid enough to go through a pedestrian crossing on a red light.
          Yes, I know you're supposed to (I should have made it much more obvious that I was being really sarcastic), but hardly any actually do stop, or obey things like one-way signs.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Yes, I know you're supposed to (I should have made it much more obvious that I was being really sarcastic), but hardly any actually do stop, or obey things like one-way signs.
            Then if they get splattered it's their own fault.

Also there are actually a lot of one way signs in London that allow cyclists to go both ways or ride on the pavement. However unless you are on a bike you won't notice them. The ones in my area are normally at knee height or painted on the road in front of which a car has parked.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

general opinion moving towards a fake.
              +1
              It can't be all that easy to rip the wing mirror off a van. Half the vans in London would be without them if it was.

Comment

Viral agency admits video of female cyclist revenge may be fake - BBC News
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

To be fair 30 mins after I posted it I started hearing it was fake due to the van wing mirror coming off that easily.

BTW Some cyclists do rip the wing mirrors of cars particularly taxis that don't see them.

Comment

so criminal damage is OK if you are insulted?
                    Yeah, why not. I've found promises of extreme violence really works to improve peoples manners. Your results may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                      Yeah, why not. I've found promises of extreme violence really works to improve peoples manners. Your results may vary.
                      He's happy that if his wife, daughter, sister or other female relation is subjected to unwelcome touching like that they wouldn't react.

Comment

Working...
                      X