• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stoke & Copeland Elections

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stoke & Copeland Elections

By elections tomorrow.
    Two Labour seats. No chance of winning them? Be interesting to see if they get a hammering.
    Will JC resign on Friday? Of course not.

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
    By elections tomorrow.
    Two Labour seats. No chance of winning them? Be interesting to see if they get a hammering.
    Stoke - Both UKIP and Labour candidates have shown themselves to be utterly untrustworthy. The Tory looks about 12 years old and might sneak in, but I doubt it. Despite being a huge "Leave" vote, Labour are just about likely to win, due to early postal voting.

Copeland - UKIP no chance. Between Labour, who support the local maternity unit (which is labelled for closure) but hate nuclear industry, and the Tories, who love nuclear but are not seen as supportive of the hospital. Labour fighting a deeply offensive campaign though, which may turn a lot of people off. Could go either way.

If Labour win one or both, then Corbyn is safe. I'm undecided whether that's a good thing or not. Right now, with all the focus on Brexit, I think Corbyn needs to stay, so the government can concentrate on the negotiations without having to worry about the opposition as well.

Comment

I still think Labour will beat UKIP in Stoke, given Paul Nutjob's recent difficulties. But, no JC won't resign even if they lose, he'll say they're on course for the general election or some such drivel.

Comment

I'm hoping the good people of Stoke will see through the completely over-the -top media reporting against Nuttall and give UKIP the result. Sadly I think early postal voters may have already swung it Labour's way.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
          I still think Labour will beat UKIP in Stoke, given Paul Nutjob's recent difficulties. But, no JC won't resign even if they lose, he'll say they're on course for the general election or some such drivel.
          Stoke City hate Liverpool; whether they see him as a Liverpool fan or wumming Liverpool fans could swing the vote, crazy as it seems.

If JC could actually tell people where the money's coming from to build his ideal world, he might have a chance of surviving to the next election.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Stoke City hate Liverpool; whether they see him as a Liverpool fan or wumming Liverpool fans could swing the vote, crazy as it seems.

If JC could actually tell people where the money's coming from to build his ideal world, he might have a chance of surviving to the next election.
            Do they why ? Half the Stoke team are ex-Reds.

Comment

Do they why ? Half the Stoke team are ex-Reds.
              They hate everyone

Their manager's a United legend but they hate us too.

Very odd bunch the Stokies.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                Stoke - Both UKIP and Labour candidates have shown themselves to be utterly untrustworthy. The Tory looks about 12 years old and might sneak in, but I doubt it. Despite being a huge "Leave" vote, Labour are just about likely to win, due to early postal voting.

Copeland - UKIP no chance. Between Labour, who support the local maternity unit (which is labelled for closure) but hate nuclear industry, and the Tories, who love nuclear but are not seen as supportive of the hospital. Labour fighting a deeply offensive campaign though, which may turn a lot of people off. Could go either way.

If Labour win one or both, then Corbyn is safe. I'm undecided whether that's a good thing or not. Right now, with all the focus on Brexit, I think Corbyn needs to stay, so the government can concentrate on the negotiations without having to worry about the opposition as well.
                Corbyn needs to go.

This country needs a decent opposition and removing him is the best option of this.

Also if Corbyn goes it won't derail Article 50 as Labour wouldn't have a new leader until Autumn, and with the current membership it will be another mad left winger.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  They hate everyone

Very odd bunch the Stokies.
                  You're not joking. I went to quite a few away grounds in the 80's, and Stoke (it was the old stadium) was by far the worst. Evolution took one look at Stoke and decided to give it a miss...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

By elections tomorrow.

You are clearly out of your depth when it comes to politics and so you are better off keeping your mouth shut?

These by elections in core Labour territory will prove that Corbyn is the one true leader. It will be a landslide victory for Labour and I would not be surprised if there will be calls for an early general elections on the back of it. Clearly May is an unelected PM and is not the people's choice. We need a fresh round of GE to elect the PM that the people want.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X