• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heard it all now!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard it all now!!

Just had a random phone call from some irate bod ranting away about me "Using his wi-fi, what am I up to?" and that he "got my mobile number from my ip address".
    LOL

I calmly asked him "What the fook are you on about?" and he hung up.

Weirdly though, his mobile number came up on my phone. WTF!!

Checked it on google and it is a scam number. NSS!!

There is one born every minute!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Get extremely few cold call/emails etc. now, probably due to my hanging up/not responding to 'em. I expect they will start contacting me again once they've figure out I'm senile.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      I expect they will start contacting me again once they've figure out I'm senile.
      But by then you will have forgotten they rang you before, so it won't matter.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Got a text from Albania yesterday telling me my apple account was locked.

Samsung pre-screen calls now and mark those reported as dodgy.

Comment

Comment

Cold calls especially Microsoft Bobs get the full ancient celtic curse which will visit them, their family and the next five generations.

Smell the fear as they hang up.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

I've heard about this exact thing before. I thought it was one of those weak 'play a joke on your mates' scam calls rather than something real.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Cold calls especially Microsoft Bobs get the full ancient celtic curse which will visit them, their family and the next five generations.

Smell the fear as they hang up.
                Having had to deal with the real Microsoft support I can only say it would be a pleasure to be scammed by someone who at least made a pretense of caring for what happens to me.

Comment

It was on radio 1 last week. You can get one sent to someone from an app. So you can be in the same room as the victim!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Having had to deal with the real Microsoft support I can only say it would be a pleasure to be scammed by someone who at least made a pretense of caring for what happens to me.
                    A few years ago I had some MS software and the activation key didn't work. I got onto their support line, and they were entirely helpful and even had a follow-up call to make sure all was ok. Perhaps the competent staff have all moved on now though...

If I receive a cold call, I just hang up and block the number. Quick and simple. All "number withheld" go straight to answer machine (as do certain ranges of international numbers).
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X