• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tony Blair

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it was his government who sorted out their civil war.

British armed forces are liked in lots of countries because of their attitude with the population and the civilians they work with. I've met people who came to the UK to study on the basis of meeting or working alongside British armed forces. Some of them also met or worked alongside US forces, and had some firm words of displeasure about their attitude.

Anyway Blair is liked in a lot of countries. Americans, from all sides of the political spectrum, think he is wonderful. They can't understand why I slag him off.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      Quite. Even worse, he is stinking RICH idiot. And a very dangerous man. in his life has he EVER made a decision that turned out well? i cannot think of one. A few of the things he was wrong about -

IRAQ (obviously)
      The Euro
      The EU
      Education
      His own track record
      Peter Mandelson
      The House of Lords
      Stock market returns under his premiership
      Quitting to give Gordon Brown "his turn" (probably his BIGGEST mistake as Brown went on and screwed the entire country for decades to come)

You get the drift eh?
      He thought he could sort out Iraq like the former Yugoslavia and Sierra Leone. He didn't realise Bush was definitely no Clinton.

He quit because he wanted to leave on a high. Also like the Tories he wanted Labour to stay in power so he gave it to someone he thought was a safe pair of hands. Just like the way Thatcher gave way to Major. Look at the mess in Labour since - anti-business Milliband and Komrade Korbyn.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

All ex Prime ministers are hated, the more they're hated the higher their popularity ratings. Not surprisingly Tony Blair is actually the most popular of the living ex prime ministers and of course Margaret Thatcher was more popular than Tony Blair. Interestingly the least hated Prime minister is also the least popular, John Major.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Well it was his government who sorted out their civil war.

British armed forces are liked in lots of countries because of their attitude with the population and the civilians they work with. I've met people who came to the UK to study on the basis of meeting or working alongside British armed forces. Some of them also met or worked alongside US forces, and had some firm words of displeasure about their attitude.

Anyway Blair is liked in a lot of countries. Americans, from all sides of the political spectrum, think he is wonderful. They can't understand why I slag him off.
          Having members of my family who were in the armed forces over his time as PM I can tell you that they are all pretty hacked off at the Blairs behaviour, some say he was using the armed forces for his own personal gain and Chilcott report does seem to back their grievances.

Most of them have now left but still today without a doubt there is not an overwhelming liking for Mr Blair in the armed forces, by far the biggest thing they complain about is the lack of adequate equipment they were sent in with, shocking when you think of all the money they waste.
          Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

And yet the British electorate voted him in 3 times which says a lot for the British voter
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen such unanimous agreement in General. These are indeed strange times.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                I don't think I've ever seen such unanimous agreement in General. These are indeed strange times.
                True, although it has to be considered that we are discussing Tony Blair
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  And yet the British electorate voted him in 3 times which says a lot for the British voter
                  Said more about the Tory party at the time; just like Americans voting against Clinton rather than for Trump.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    True, although it has to be considered that we are discussing Tony Blair
                    I know, but even the most indefensible position is usually argued to the point of a banning

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      Surely you can do better than that? A criticism from that turd is a glowing endorsement which I VERY much doubt was your intention

I only saw the headline; how exactly does he think he can persuade the public against Brexit now the vote is already done?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X