• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM:FAO Admin RE:Swear list changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Um, no. Discussing it is great but using grown-up words might be nice.
    unfortunately it seems everyone likes throwing insults and accusing the other of being racist or suckling on Mother EUs teat.

The words are fairly obvious:

Brexiter=Someone who supported Brexit.
    Bremainer = Someone who would like to remain in the EU.
    Bremoaner = someone who moans about the vote. Either side but losers seem to have it worse.
    Remnant = offensive name for a Bremainer who is annoying. Surprisingly common on this board.
    Racist = an unsupported slur used against people who voted for Brexit.
    Cretin = the word SasGuru is proud he can spell.

Happy to use other terms if you can supply them.

By the way Brexiteer & Bremainer are in common use by Dictionaries & the broadsheets so lets assume they are real words and you are just out of touch.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

They're all negative terms though aren't they? Would anyone describe themselves as a Brexiteer or a Bremainer? Or only those who hold the other (i.e. wrong) view? The idea you can sum up someone's entire stance on a complicated issue with a one-word label is crazy too. It's classic "them and us" division. Who cares about the points or the debate or what it means, as long as we know which side to put people on...

Like, would anyone here apply such a label to themselves? Actual question?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

They're all negative terms though aren't they? Would anyone describe themselves as a Brexiteer or a Bremainer? Or only those who hold the other (i.e. wrong) view? The idea you can sum up someone's entire stance on a complicated issue with a one-word label is crazy too. It's classic "them and us" division. Who cares about the points or the debate or what it means, as long as we know which side to put people on...

Tell that to Cameron with his Yes/No question last June

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
          Actually, if we could create a separate forum for doogie, scooter, darmstadt and all the Brexiteers except jamesbrown and Equalizer, we could have a decent discussion.

Hell, at this point I'd keep Dim!
          Jeez, think before you post!

Comment

I'm for Brexit I see no issue with being called a Brexiteer I don't see it as a negative label, conversely my Brother is a Bremainer I respect his stance despite believing he is being naive.

We do it all the time Facist, Libertine, Equality Campaigner. Its good to be clear. However any intelligent person realises there are shades of gray.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              unfortunately it seems everyone likes throwing insults and accusing the other of being racist or suckling on Mother EUs teat.

The words are fairly obvious:

Brexiter=Someone who supported Brexit.
              Bremainer = Someone who would like to remain in the EU.
              Bremoaner = someone who moans about the vote. Either side but losers seem to have it worse.
              Remnant = offensive name for a Bremainer who is annoying. Surprisingly common on this board.
              Racist = an unsupported slur used against people who voted for Brexit.
              Cretin = the word SasGuru is proud he can spell.

Happy to use other terms if you can supply them.

By the way Brexiteer & Bremainer are in common use by Dictionaries & the broadsheets so lets assume they are real words and you are just out of touch.
              The only contentious word in your whole post!
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                The next version will changes all of the 2nd posts in accountancy/legal to "have you asked your accountant?"
                But that would result in me posting useless unrelated crap to the OP's question that doesn't help anyone and make me look a right pillock..........
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  But that would result in me posting useless crap that doesn't help anyone and make me look a right pillock..........
                  I'm happy to sign off UAT
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    you know that is a newspaper not a political party don't you?
                    FFS, will you please try to stop talking in logical non-sequiturs? It was funny at first, but now it's getting boring.

Comment

They're all negative terms though aren't they? Would anyone describe themselves as a Brexiteer ...
                      I'd happily describe myself as a "Brexiteer", as it sounds bold and adventurous and potentially lucrative, like a privateer.

Not at all like those timid, stay-at-home (in the EU) Bremainers!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X