• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sharp rise in prices in coming weeks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yeah so the wholesale price rises and the fact that £1 will now buy less oil wil not affect the price at all?
    Ok then, lets ignore the evidence because it conflicts with your beliefs.
    Dumbkopf.
    So only 27% of the price of a litre of petrol is due to the price of oil and hence subject to currency fluctuation.

And the price of oil has risen 10% since the vote.

I'll let you work out the answer.

Comment

Jeez, FFS. It's not that difficult to understand, even for you.
      That Times article is saying that hedging is coming to an end and so we will see a rise in prices over and above what we have seen to date.
      But I haven't seen any to date.........other than petrol.

Comment

The report was from the Times, that filthy left wing rag

Brexiter stupidity is exquisitely delicious, I have to say.
        The Times is pro-European. As is Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          So only 27% of the price of a litre of petrol is due to the price of oil and hence subject to currency fluctuation.

And the price of oil has risen 10% since the vote.

I'll let you work out the answer.
          Feck me you're dense as a block of steel.
          That 27% is variable (it was based on the price as at October 2016 according to Dim's graphic).
          Fuel duty is fixed (about 60p per litres AFAIK) and VAT is dependent on the price.
          So the percentage that is accounted for by the price simply rises as oil goes up.
          Then we have the double whammy of £1 pound buying 20% less oil (whatever the price) than it did in June 2016.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
            The Times is pro-European. As is Sky.
            Virtually every business is pro-EU because they rather like making money.

However reputable news sources are able to report the news despite their bias.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Feck me you're dense as a block of steel.
              That 27% is variable (it was based on the price as at October 2016 according to Dim's graphic).
              Fuel duty is fixed (about 60p per litres AFAIK) and VAT is dependent on the price.
              So the percentage that is accounted for by the price simply rises as oil goes up.
              Then we have the double whammy of £1 pound buying 20% less oil (whatever the price) than it did in June 2016.
              Price quoted is 115.9.

Price today is 117.9.

That'll have made all the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Virtually every business is pro-EU because they rather like making money.

However reputable news sources are able to report the news despite their bias.
                Facts are one thing. Opinion another. Blur fact with opinion and see what you get.

Comment

But a barrel of oil is gonna be $110 plus (c) SNP White Paper 2013.

Comment

Like I said the best lessons are those you learn first hand.
                    That explains why you are such a dreary twunt!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                      But a barrel of oil is gonna be $110 plus (c) SNP White Paper 2013.
                      Bless brave Nicola.

Comment

Working...
                      X