• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The ever loving EU again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
    From invocation, there is a two year period before the UK leaves the EU. That is fixed, unless all parties agree an extension.
    Would be funny if the EU deduct 9 months for time served
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Has this been said, definitively? I know they were refusing to state that last week, hadn't realised they'd changed their status following seemingly all the amendment to the Brexit Bill being ignored...
      Exactly my thoughts. Where is this stated? Cause otherwise I'm getting worked up about nothing. Even still MPs have made it clear they cannot be trusted.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Strange its one of the most common topics covered when I'm eating out in evenings...
        But not in the other 27 countries in the EU
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          And your position:

Two drivers driving down the motorway. Drive A deliberately crashes into driver B. Driver A refuses to show their insurance details until driver B presents his insurance details first. Driver B is like WTF? Driver A takes umbrage and complains endlessly at the unfair treatment towards them.
          Actually if you think of it a divorce then it makes more sense, the UK files for divorce based on the EUs' unreasonable behaviour (it won't let us see our friends and its constantly moaning because we haven't learnt esperanto). The EU refuses to discuss custody or care of the kids until the decree Nisi is granted.

You seem to think the UK is committing a crime not escaping an abusive relationship that says a lot about you, I have an image in my head of Junket & Merkel boiling the pet rabbit Glen Close style.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Actually if you think of it a divorce then it makes more sense, the UK files for divorce based on the EUs' unreasonable behaviour (it won't let us see our friends and its constantly moaning because we haven't learnt esperanto). The EU refuses to discuss custody or care of the kids until the decree Nisi is granted.

You seem to think the UK is committing a crime not escaping an abusive relationship that says a lot about you, I have an image in my head of Junket & Merkel boiling the pet rabbit Glen Close style.
            I have an image of May and Trump wearing Thatcher and Reagan masks doing the sodomists bare backed night time Tango...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              But not in the other 27 countries in the EU
              Good try - but sadly in both Austria and Munich it's been a topic of conversation.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                I have an image of May and Trump wearing Thatcher and Reagan masks doing the sodomists bare backed night time Tango...
                Of course you do. It is becoming ever more evident that there are no depths to which your vivid and bizarre imagination cannot stoop to though.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Of course you do. It is becoming ever more evident that there are no depths to which your vivid and bizarre imagination cannot stoop to though.

Like imagining that you could be sane and not smell of wee

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Has this been said, definitively? I know they were refusing to state that last week, hadn't realised they'd changed their status following seemingly all the amendment to the Brexit Bill being ignored...

Even so, to complain that the EU won't commit to it a mere few days after the UK chose to, when the UK spent months refusing to commit to it, isn't much better. It's not like we said it all along and the evil EU refused to reciprocate.
                    We have said all along. Last week's amendment was to guarantee EU citizen's right regardless of what the EU did for our people. We will do it on a like for like basis. Actually, given the numbers it's actually 3 times in favour of the EU.

The fact that the EU is now saying countries can agree on an individual basis shows how they bend the rules as they want and demonstrate our Government has been absolutely correct not to guarantee anything without reciprocation.

The UK Government is there to protect UK people first. Not those of the EU.

Maybe a member of our esteemed Remnant community could explain what the benefit of us giving certainty without reciprocation would be to the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      Lets see what the divorce lawyer says... your honour I wish to present the charges laid against my abusive partner.

Proceed...

1) They did knowing foster relationships outside the EU for those in need who fell victim to our foreign policy under the guise of 'humanitarian aid'.

2) They provided us with an annual net benefit of £62 billion per year.

3) They have done the jobs at home I would not touch with a 10' barge poll.

Your honour I call for immediate settlement for the years heinous treatment my client has had to endure in this relationship!

My client wishes £350 million per year for life once the proceedings are complete.

Comment

Working...
                      X