WIN! - UK labour shortages reported as EU worker numbers fall
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11

    Godlike

    BoredBloke has more data than eek

    BoredBloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    whereever the work is
    Posts
    7,005
    Thanks (Given)
    8
    Thanks (Received)
    19
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    148

    Default

    “This is creating significant recruitment challenges in sectors that have historically relied on non-UK labour to fill roles,” he said. “With skills and labour shortages set to continue, there’s a risk that many vacancies will be left unfilled which could act as a brake on output growth in the UK in the years ahead.”

    but then goes onto say...

    "EU workers provided “an essential reservoir of skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled labour”

    So to be honest your not looking for skilled labour it's just a source of cheap labour you are looking for
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

    I preferred version 1!

  2. #12

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot - scorchio!

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    15,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    Alas, bog cleaning isn't one of those industries which can be outsourced to the Philippines.

    I don't think there is more uncertainty around the right to work here, because a) non-EU nationals are here and Brexit is nowt to do with that and b) it is inconceivable we'll send our EU originated workforce home. .
    Read the article. The article suggests EU nationals are choosing not to stay because of the uncertainly. You'll not get a chance to through them out.
    Ldoenn : 'we're hloding a referneudm to laeve the Eureopean union
    EU: 'OK'
    Scotland: 'we're holding a refeerndum to leave the UK union'
    Ldonon: ' Oh no you're not'.

  3. #13

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot - scorchio!

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    15,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post


    And as this prominent Remainer stated last year, a drop in eu migration will result in companies having to recruit locally and raise wages.
    And this is a problem in what way?

    No problem in it at all. However knowing capitalist Britain as I do, there's no business without profit. So one of two things is going to happen 1) Prices will sky rocket. 2) Prices will sky rocket with boosters attached.

    Prepare yourself for a drop in living stands that'll make 1970's Britain seem like the future. Prawn cocktail anyone?
    Ldoenn : 'we're hloding a referneudm to laeve the Eureopean union
    EU: 'OK'
    Scotland: 'we're holding a refeerndum to leave the UK union'
    Ldonon: ' Oh no you're not'.

  4. #14

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    127
    Likes (Given)
    129
    Likes (Received)
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Prepare yourself for a drop in living stands that'll make 1970's Britain seem like the future.
    Can you expand on this? What, in concrete terms, do you mean? No food or heating, or just not quite as nice a car and holiday*?

    *Subject to you being right of course.

  5. #15

    Godlike

    LondonManc - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Non-Event Horizon
    Posts
    8,731
    Thanks (Given)
    340
    Thanks (Received)
    588
    Likes (Given)
    2235
    Likes (Received)
    2646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    No problem in it at all. However knowing capitalist Britain as I do, there's no business without profit. So one of two things is going to happen 1) Prices will sky rocket. 2) Prices will sky rocket with boosters attached.

    Prepare yourself for a drop in living stands that'll make 1970's Britain seem like the future. Prawn cocktail anyone?


    Comedy gold.

    70s Britain was about union power screwing capitalism over. With that out of the way, capitalism can be given a chance to thrive. If you donate to charity, you make someone feel inferior, less fortunate and dependent on the next handout. If you buy a nice car, you're giving people work and a sense of pride in the provision of it. Capitalism works much better because it inspires people to work, gives them a sense of pride and achievement and rewards betterment of oneself. Socialism encourages a handout culture where only those that want to actually work and are expected to support the rest, resulting in Bliar's entitled generation that you see today.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  6. #16

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot - scorchio!

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    15,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Can you expand on this? What, in concrete terms, do you mean? No food or heating, or just not quite as nice a car and holiday*?

    *Subject to you being right of course.
    The cost of imports (whether raw materials, finished goods, or cheap EU labour for food packaging the like) increases at a rate faster than employers are willing to increase wages. The evidence for this is already on the wall, in real terms wages have not increased in the last 8 years. The only way spending can be maintained is to borrow. The end station is not pretty. It is better to accept a drop in living standards instead. Which is probably what the Tories want anyway.
    Ldoenn : 'we're hloding a referneudm to laeve the Eureopean union
    EU: 'OK'
    Scotland: 'we're holding a refeerndum to leave the UK union'
    Ldonon: ' Oh no you're not'.

  7. #17

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot - scorchio!

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    15,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post


    Comedy gold.

    70s Britain was about union power screwing capitalism over. With that out of the way, capitalism can be given a chance to thrive. If you donate to charity, you make someone feel inferior, less fortunate and dependent on the next handout. If you buy a nice car, you're giving people work and a sense of pride in the provision of it. Capitalism works much better because it inspires people to work, gives them a sense of pride and achievement and rewards betterment of oneself. Socialism encourages a handout culture where only those that want to actually work and are expected to support the rest, resulting in Bliar's entitled generation that you see today.

    So when is the UK going to call in the IMF this time? Time to press the reset button...
    Ldoenn : 'we're hloding a referneudm to laeve the Eureopean union
    EU: 'OK'
    Scotland: 'we're holding a refeerndum to leave the UK union'
    Ldonon: ' Oh no you're not'.

  8. #18

    Super poster

    The_Equalizer is NOT a disguised employee

    The_Equalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Back end of UK PLC
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks (Given)
    1
    Thanks (Received)
    127
    Likes (Given)
    129
    Likes (Received)
    426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    The cost of imports (whether raw materials, finished goods, or cheap EU labour for food packaging the like) increases at a rate faster than employers are willing to increase wages. The evidence for this is already on the wall, in real terms wages have not increased in the last 8 years. The only way spending can be maintained is to borrow. The end station is not pretty. It is better to accept a drop in living standards instead. Which is probably what the Tories want anyway.
    So we'll not got to worry about freezing to death yet and not do all the food shopping in M&S. Anyway, according to you Sterling would be at parity with the Euro by Christmas.

  9. #19

    I live on CUK

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    26,753
    Thanks (Given)
    772
    Thanks (Received)
    2586
    Likes (Given)
    6550
    Likes (Received)
    5343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    So when is the UK going to call in the IMF this time? Time to press the reset button...
    Cheer up Germany has lots of new cheap labour thanks to Merkel.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  10. #20

    Banned

    BrilloPad is always on top

    BrilloPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Divorce Courts
    Posts
    97,109
    Thanks (Given)
    21858
    Thanks (Received)
    5563
    Likes (Given)
    21858
    Likes (Received)
    9606

    Default

    Hopefully all the British working abroad will not be allowed home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.