• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Anroid Tablet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Anroid Tablet

Any recommendations on what Android Tablet to go for at the moment?

Budget, Mid range, High end?

Any ideas welcome...

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Any recommendations on what Android Tablet to go for at the moment?

Budget, Mid range, High end?

Any ideas welcome...
    Personally I like the 10" form factor and Full HD, I got an Acer Iconia tab (can't remember the model number, but you need to make sure it's the higher spec version..

A lot depends on what you want to use it for if gaming you'll need something like the Nvidia Shield. But it's worth keeping an eye on the "Chinese" ones, some pretty decent specs for not much money.
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, with a 128gb sd card, 8 or 10 inch depending what you want it for. I've got an 8, perfect size for commuting on the train, PDF's for technical books and some gaming. Fit's in your jacket / jeans pocket too.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
        Personally I like the 10" form factor and Full HD, I got an Acer Iconia tab (can't remember the model number, but you need to make sure it's the higher spec version..

A lot depends on what you want to use it for if gaming you'll need something like the Nvidia Shield. But it's worth keeping an eye on the "Chinese" ones, some pretty decent specs for not much money.
        Bought a Chinese one once, never again, pile of tulip, spec is good for the money but runs like a dog, stick to Apple stuff now, costs a bit more but as that saying goes you pay peanuts you get a load of far eastern rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          Bought a Chinese one once, never again, pile of tulip, spec is good for the money but runs like a dog, stick to Apple stuff now, costs a bit more but as that saying goes you pay peanuts you get a load of far eastern rubbish.
          Bought a Ulefone Power phone 14 months ago, best phone I've ever had (I've had HTC and Samsung). £119 when it came out, 6Ah battery, Full HD, Gorilla Glass, Very fast, no annoyances/freezes/crashes. So you can't tar them all with the same brush.

For tablets the Teclast ones look pretty good and a lot of them are dual boot.

Sorry I just saw the Apple comment. How much are you paying a month for that? My guess -> £40 over two years so total ~£960. Great value! Till the next [s]firmware update[\s] brand new model comes out.

Far Eastern Rubbish?? Of course, Apple are made by highly paid Americans in their American factory aren't they.
          Last edited by rl4engc; 10 February 2017, 16:30.
          Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

I have a Nexus 9, which is great and not at all similar to any other tablet by that other well known, but overpriced manufacturer.

Unlike most it's 4:3, which for anything other than games or movies (i.e. reading stuff from the internet), is much better. Hate to say it but Apple did get that bit right IMO.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/review/ch...rgain-3647220/

Got one of these recently

Not bad

Comment

Budget the Amazon Fire
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                  Bought a Ulefone Power phone 14 months ago, best phone I've ever had (I've had HTC and Samsung). £119 when it came out, 6Ah battery, Full HD, Gorilla Glass, Very fast, no annoyances/freezes/crashes. So you can't tar them all with the same brush.

For tablets the Teclast ones look pretty good and a lot of them are dual boot.

Sorry I just saw the Apple comment. How much are you paying a month for that? My guess -> £40 over two years so total ~£960. Great value! Till the next [s]firmware update[\s] brand new model comes out.

Far Eastern Rubbish?? Of course, Apple are made by highly paid Americans in their American factory aren't they.
                  Its pennies dear boy AYCOTBAC?

Comment

Pixel C, excellent piece of kit.
                    Beer
                    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                    X