• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a drone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Fly the fecking thing anywhere near me and I'll shoot the ******* thing out of the sky.
    MF is that you, post the reassignment?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Fly the fecking thing anywhere near me and I'll shoot the ******* thing out of the sky.
      a)You don't have a gun
      b)You would struggle to hit it - especially when I see you get your gun and fly away
      c)Firing guns willy-nilly would get you in serious trouble, this isn't America

The serious point about not flying into other peoples' gardens is of course legit... don't do that.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

FTFY...

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        MF is that you, post the reassignment?

Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
          FTFY...
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            a)You don't have a gun
            b)You would struggle to hit it - especially when I see you get your gun and fly away
            c)Firing guns willy-nilly would get you in serious trouble, this isn't America

The serious point about not flying into other peoples' gardens is of course legit... don't do that.
            a) Yes I do
            b) I'm a member of a gun club
            (c) My brother is the local Police Chief
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I think for me there's two potential use cases.

1)Something you can fly outside with a nice camera to explore wildlife and so on. Needs a decent range, generally more serious kit.
              2)A toy maybe for indoors or the garden, especially if you can race/fight with a mate. The Parrot one looks fun.

OK, maybe 3:
              3)As a coder, there must be cool things you can do. Like a follow-drone as mentioned, or other projects I cannot think of... swarming perhaps, make a real version of robot-quidditch, ...
              For me:

(4) If stuck in a motorway traffic jam that stretches away over hill and dale to beyond the horizon, send a drone ahead to find out what the heck is going on!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

a) Yes I do
                Didn't realise you wanted your brother to be forced to resign.

I would happily contribute to the crowding funding campaign to take your brother to court.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

a) Yes I do
                  If you were a legit gun-owner you'd know damn well you can't go shooting into the air at other peoples' property.

What gun have you got then? What do you use it for?

A mate owns a wood and allows hunters to use it in return for a share of the spoils... used to get some guy turn up with a boot-full of dead birds irregularly.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    For me:

(4) If stuck in a motorway traffic jam that stretches away over hill and dale to beyond the horizon, send a drone ahead to find out what the heck is going on!
                    Don't try that on the M4 near London, M11 or the M23 either.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

We've got GB9, he drones on and on..
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X