• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oi pay your round before you feck off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Is there an opportunity here to help the Greeks and for the UK to agree a trade relationship when they leave the EU.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

The UK is a member until the day it withdraws. That was the contract we signed was it not? A bit like me walking away 8 months in from signing a 12 month tenancy agreement with the landlord and not expecting to pay for the remaining 4 months.

There's a worrying trend developing amidst in those past years. The Trump and May supporting types expecting the world to continue to provide them without paying for it. Reminds me of the borrow now pay later brigaded. This sense of entitlement drives me loopy.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        Is there an opportunity here to help the Greeks and for the UK to agree a trade relationship when they leave the EU.
        That'll be a one way trading relationship me thinks considering the Greeks are harder working and more productive.

Contrary To What Most People Think, Greeks Work The Longest Hours In Europe
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          The UK is a member until the day it withdraws. That was the contract we signed was it not? A bit like me walking away 8 months in from signing a 12 month tenancy agreement with the landlord and not expecting to pay for the remaining 4 months.

There's a worrying trend developing amidst in those past years. The Trump and May supporting types expecting the world to continue to provide them without paying for it. Reminds me of the borrow now pay later brigaded. This sense of entitlement drives me loopy.
          Like selling your rotten old flat above a bookies to your ex tenant and cutting the rental agent out of their due commission, that was in the contract you originally signed?

A bit like that you mean...

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Like selling your rotten old flat above a bookies to your ex tenant and cutting the rental agent out of their due commission, that was in the contract you originally signed?

A bit like that you mean...

Where is the EU's intermediary?

Comment

So on one hand you say that contracts should be honoured, on the other hand, if it is going to benefit you, then they can be broken.

Which is it?

Simple question?
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Hard ******* Brexit. No deal, we walk.

EU - so you're not going to pay?
                  UK - no. Whatcha gonna do about it, euro-boy?
                  EU - duff you up and shake you down
                  UK - yeah? You and whose army
                  EU (pointing to shiny new EU army) - this one.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    So on one hand you say that contracts should be honoured, on the other hand, if it is going to benefit you, then they can be broken.

Which is it?

Simple question?
                    Simple answer. All contracts should be honoured.

I've never broken a contract unless failure to deliver the agreed terms resulted. Which was why I won my small claims court case 8 months back with Martin & Co... who tucked tails and ran.

Anyway you were saying some about changing the subject because you were loosing the argument?

Comment

So you are comparing a time limited agreement where money is paid for a tangible & defined item with a negotiated membership with no renewals plus vague benefits and saying they should behave the same. Thank goodness no one pays for your analysis skills.

I think you are confused again, I'll fix this for you - The Tax dodging, Philandering muppet EU types expecting the UK to continue to provide for them long after we leave.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X