• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lightning Fast Development Machine for home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The OP will be happy with the 2 year guarantee and ease of return.
    For now... They've cut the 90 days return to 35 in the news today. Could be the start of a slide.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      For now... They've cut the 90 days return to 35 in the news today. Could be the start of a slide.
      It's due to people like the OP -
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Plenty of good suggestions thus far.

After endless research I have found the perfect machine for the OP.

I'm hoping the manufacturers name of "Fisher Price" won't put him off
        Can you buy it in John Lewis?
        Couldn't find the Fisher Price one, but this one looks like it might do the job....

With a flashing light-up screen and a range of simple push button activities, this talking laptop helps youngsters learn as they play. There are 3 different modes to try, including number and letter recognition, shape learning and music fun.
        Buy John Lewis My First Laptop | John Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Yeah, yeah, and I work on a Cray with 3 Pflops, 4k nodes, 85k cores and 10PB of storage, but it ain't mine

We're talking about home PCs and, in that context, it's tough to outdo the one DimPrawn linked...
          I don't know, I have something that emulates that on one of my home PCs. In fact the laptop I'm using now can do a fair bit of what that does. Mind you, the work system can handle thousands of users, millions of transactions per second but it just so happens that I'm the only user on it so I think of it as my development machine
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            I see the 2k limit as a challenge tbh.
            Not so much of a challenge since the post-Brexit price rises.
            • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
            • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

It's due to people like the OP -

I have bought a lot of stuff from John Lewis... rarely return anything. They should be extending it because of me not reducing it.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyF1966 View Post
                Not so much of a challenge since the post-Brexit price rises.
                Still deciding on whether or not to leave the Flat rate scheme in April. Will impact what I decide to do.

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                  Call yourself a contractor? Hell, call yourself a developer even? £1500 is nothing for a decent development rig. Stop being a tight wad and get your cheque book out!

And I'll bet you're the kind of person who decides on his next car purchase based on the paint colour, aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                    Couldn't find the Fisher Price one, but this one looks like it might do the job....

Buy John Lewis My First Laptop | John Lewis
                    Did you read my first post!? I need a Desktop God damn it

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      Did you read my first post!? I need a Desktop God damn it
                      Yeah, sorry about that, but your first post was ten pages ago! Anyway, how big is your desk....?

Comment

Working...
                      X