• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today in Trumpton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    It was just the other day Don was complaining about the "red line" Obama drew which got crossed without any response.

Is this is Don coming out looking tough?

Though this does nothing to kill ISIS. It probably does the opposite.
    Tough on his poll numbers.

Originally posted by Twitter
    Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.
    10:39 PM - 9 Oct 2012
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sadly, it's looking like Spicer is drawing too much attention to himself. Shame really, his brand of flustered right wing squawking is clearly hiding some repressed tendencies. If he was to stick around long enough, I reckon some sort of Max Moseley story would have emerged.

Anyway, here he is demonstrating Godwin's Law in The Real World Sean Spicer criticised after saying Adolf Hitler 'didn't use chemical weapons'

Comment

New Hypothesis of Internet Karma.

For every Trump Tweet there exists one or more equal and opposite Trump Tweets.
        The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria-big mistake if he does not!
        https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...81528405905408
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
          New Hypothesis of Internet Karma.

For every Trump Tweet there exists one or more equal and opposite Trump Tweets.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...81528405905408
          It's Newton's lesser known third law of cockwomblry.

Comment

The latest Trump gambit is to try and weaken the dollar.

Fingers crossed that doesn't work out.

Comment

The "single worst trade deal ever" and a "killer" of US jobs isn't such a bad thing after all:

Trump won't scrap Nafta trade deal 'at this time' - BBC News
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Translation Service

In American English

"I really disagreed with him (Comey, in July), I was not his fan," Trump said in Michigan on Halloween. "But I'll tell you what -- what he did, he brought back his reputation. He brought it back. He's got to hang tough because a lot of people want him to do the wrong thing.
                "But what he did," Trump continued, "was the right thing."
                […]
                “I have great respect for the fact that the FBI and the Department of Justice are now willing to have the courage to right the horrible mistake that they made,” Trump continued. “This was a grave miscarriage of justice that the American people fully understood. It is everybody’s hope that it is about to be corrected.”
                In plain English:

You're terminated!
                "I cannot defend the Director's handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Secretary Clinton's emails, and I do not understand his refusal to accept the nearly universal judgement that he was mistaken," Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein wrote in a memo the White House cited as a reason for firing Comey.
                From <http://time.com/4773354/donald-trump-james-comey-fired-hillary-clinton-email-investigation/>

What the actual F?
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                  In American English

In plain English:

From <http://time.com/4773354/donald-trump-james-comey-fired-hillary-clinton-email-investigation/>

What the actual F?
                  "tulip, the FBI are investigating our ties to Russia. Lets fire the Director and replace him with someone we own and make it all go away."

Comment

Haven't seen the video of the FBI guy being handed his termination note in the middle of his speech, but my first thought was that he knew about it before starting and had staged the whole thing, with the news announcement in the background and the note handover both to occur when they did, to try and show up Trump as making impulsive and unpredictable sudden decisions.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Trump 'shared classified information with Russia' - BBC News

The discussion was about an IS plot. The president reportedly went "off-script", revealing specifics of the plot, thought to centre on the use of laptop computers on aircraft, and the city from which that threat had been detected.
                      The intelligence disclosed came from a US ally and was considered too sensitive to share with other US allies, the papers report.
                      Others present realised the mistake and scrambled to "contain the damage" by informing the CIA and the National Security Agency (NSA), says the Post.

Comment

Working...
                      X