• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bad divorces

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad divorces

A mate of mine is going through this at the moment. Four years ago he decides to go on holiday to Ukraine and meets a woman. She comes back home to live with him. They marry in twelve months and a bit later have a baby. She's an attractive 20-something, he's mid forties.

Seemed a nice couple but a bit mismatched even apart from the age. He supported her for several years and then she got a job.

One day he comes home and catches her in the marital bed with a Ukrainian bloke (married bloke, her boss from work). She moves out with the little boy. Now they hate each other and he is going to sell the family home and give her half (about 300k).

Could it get worse than that? 4 year relationship, your child growing up in a divorced home, huge wad of cash gone, lost the family home and downsizing to a 1 bed, completely betrayed and at constant loggerheads with this woman who he has to still see regularly.
    Last edited by DieScum; 6 February 2017, 11:04.

Moral of this story.........

If it flies, floats or f**ks, rent it by the hour.......
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
      A mate of mine is going through this at the moment. Four years ago he decides to go on holiday to Ukraine and meets a woman. She comes back home to live with him. They marry in twelve months and a bit later have a baby. She's an attractive 2-something, he's mid forties.

Seemed a nice couple but a bit mismatched even apart from the age. He supported her for several years and then she got a job.

One day he comes home and catches her in the marital bed with a Ukrainian bloke (married bloke, her boss from work). She moves out with the little boy. Now they hate each other and he is going to sell the family home and give her half (about 300k).

Could it get worse than that? 4 year relationship, your child growing up in a divorced home, huge wad of cash gone, lost the family home and downsizing to a 1 bed, completely betrayed and at constant loggerheads with this woman who he has to still see regularly.
      I know of a similar story involving a Russian women. Age mis-match, kid etc... Together four years and the day she got her British citizenship she left him.

Comment

he still has his clothes, car & balls he is ahead on many divorcees.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          Moral of this story.........

If it flies, floats or f**ks, rent it by the hour.......

Finally it makes sense. You're Donald Trump's sockpuppet.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
            A mate of mine is going through this at the moment. Four years ago he decides to go on holiday to Ukraine and meets a woman. She comes back home to live with him. They marry in twelve months and a bit later have a baby. She's an attractive 20-something, he's mid forties.
            Doesn't stack up. Ukrainians have apply for visit visa for UK and not easy for Ukrainians due to lack of reasons to return. And the application takes time, and there's a non-switching rule from visit visas too. There's is no 'living together visa', nearest is Fiancee visa which is six months and you must marry in that period or go home.

Plus at this stage she'll only have Limited Leave to Remain, perm. is dependant on him, though she can apply for FLR(FP) if he wants to maintain contact with the kid. If not she and the kid have to go.

Comment

Got to feel sorry for the children caught up in this.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Got to feel sorry for the children caught up in this.
                see sometimes I agree with you!
                Last edited by vetran; 6 February 2017, 12:27.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It's stories like this that make me feel glad I live alone in my mum's basement..

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                    It's stories like this that make me feel glad I live alone in my mum's basement..
                    When did she last let you out?

And why does the Goonies spring to mind?

OMG does your mum drive a Jeep 4x4 too?!
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X