• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Local voting figures shed new light on EU referendum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local voting figures shed new light on EU referendum

Obviously this is FAKE NEWS!!

Cause apparently people in Scotland and London have greater educational attainment as well as a higher level of educational qualification. I'm not so sure. Perhaps everyone else has just become thicker than the porridge my gran used to make me.

The BBC has obtained a more localised breakdown of votes from nearly half of the local authorities which counted EU referendum ballots last June.
    This information provides much greater depth and detail in explaining the pattern of how the UK voted. The key findings are:

The data confirms previous indications that local results were strongly associated with the educational attainment of voters - populations with lower qualifications were significantly more likely to vote Leave. (The data for this analysis comes from one in nine wards)

The level of education had a higher correlation with the voting pattern than any other major demographic measure from the census
    source: Local voting figures shed new light on EU referendum
    Last edited by scooterscot; 6 February 2017, 10:21.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

So thick people should not be allowed to vote?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      No we need to spend more resources educating people so they are less thick.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        100% of young people need to go to university. None of this 50% clap trap. That will fix everything. Unleash the power of a BA in Media Studies.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Young people are definitely generally better informed and educated than older voters.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Getting a degree is pretty easy, I don't think its a strong indicator of intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Young people are definitely generally better informed and educated than older voters.
              Are they, really better informed? Does a degree make you better informed?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Sadly most people have no interest in education. They want a quiet life. TV and booze.

If resources are to be added, it should be to the "IE", "LSU" or "Sin Bin", whatever you call it. It only takes one disruptive influence in the class, and several will follow. REmove the disruptive influences and things might improve a bit.

Comment

no sorry to pop anyones bubble but a 25 year old who has only ever lived with his mum and in student accommodation may have a degree so may be better 'educated' but the 40 year old bloke has well 15 years more adult experience which is worth more than any degree.

Also as we know a lot the intellectual cream (e.g. those in with academic careers) are very left and did vote to remain.

So it's a bit like saying we did a poll of all these people in academia who we suspected voted remain did actually confirm they voted remain and so we can safely say that all people who voted to leave are thick.

I am not convinced my self.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Getting the tulipe degree I got at a tulipe uni is pretty easy, I don't think its a strong indicator of intelligence.
                    FTFY. It's pretty obvious from your posts you'd struggle with a tough degree at a good uni.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X