• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Half of new homes built in Britain the next five years will go to migrants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

Seems that people are going to informally ensure that, if and when they move, their houses will be sold to "the right sort of person" in order to maintain the status quo.
    So if an immigrant offers £405,000 for a house, and a native £400,000 , are you suggesting the seller will turn down that extra £5K?
    Especially if the seller is going to be off somewhere a long way away from his previous neighbours, and doesn't have to deal with any potential fallout over the issue?

Comment

I wonder how much money Builders / property developers donate to the Tory party?

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
        So if an immigrant offers £405,000 for a house, and a native £400,000 , are you suggesting the seller will turn down that extra £5K?
        Especially if the seller is going to be off somewhere a long way away from his previous neighbours, and doesn't have to deal with any potential fallout over the issue?
        Yes, round here most people have very strong ties to the area going back generations.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I'm not racist but ever since that foreign family have moved in at no. 45, the value of our property has dropped...
          you were in the beergarten next to your neighbours when you heard that?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I thought EU and non-EU migration was about the same?

A lot of people voted Leave because they thought the EU decided non-EU immigration. They are really in for a disappointment in the upcoming years.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
              How many immigrants can afford a £400k house?
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                and what proportion of those came through the EU?
                Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                I thought EU and non-EU migration was about the same?

A lot of people voted Leave because they thought the EU decided non-EU immigration. They are really in for a disappointment in the upcoming years.
                The point being made is that a lot of non eu immigrants actually are in the eu immigrant figures based on the fact the eu country they arrived in granted them eu citizen status and thus they could settle in the uk.

Not sure how much truth is in that mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  The point being made is that a lot of non eu immigrants actually are in the eu immigrant figures based on the fact the eu country they arrived in granted them eu citizen status and thus they could settle in the uk.

If an EU-immigrant originally came from outside the EU and have become an EU citizen they're still counted as an EU immigrant because that is the reason they're allowed to reside.

Non-EU immigrants are those immigrants that have been given visas. If they were EU citizens then they wouldn't have applied for a visa.

In other words the British government have issued long term "non-EU" visas to two thirds of the migrants currently residing in the UK.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 5 February 2017, 15:04.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

I think the big pity is that the Leave result seems to have been interpreted as a poll on immigration. A lot of Leavers I talked to just wanted to get rid of any control by Brussels.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      I'm not racist but ever since that foreign family have moved in at no. 45, the value of our property has dropped...
                      You don't even live in the UK, therefore your input means the square root of feck all.

Now run along, and have some Sauerbraten and a nice glass of Hofbrau, Ja.

Comment

Working...
                      X