• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Half of new homes built in Britain the next five years will go to migrants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half of new homes built in Britain the next five years will go to migrants

2017-02-05 Half of new homes built in Britain the next five years will go to migrants

* Britain will need to accommodate 243,000 new households each year

* Net *migration accounts for an estimated 45 per cent of this growth

* 109,000 extra homes will be needed every year by migrants and their families
    There you have it - The main reason Brexit won, IMHO.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Considering Britain is a land of migrants I'd argue 100% of new homes will go to migrants.

Hate spreading daily whale never fails.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Brexit will not stop non-EU migration eg: India, Somalia etc which will flood the UK. I will fill my houses up with migrants and the rent will be paid with your taxes. I will be far away enjoying the sunshine while Brexiters like work their socks off.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Since two thirds of migrants actually come from outside the EU, I doubt that Brexit will change anything. If the tyres on your car are flat, changing the spark plugs won't help.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Since two thirds of migrants actually come from outside the EU, ...
          and what proportion of those came through the EU?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I overheard a discussion on the neighbouring table in my local pub last night.

The overbearing concern seemed to be that "they've started moving into the villages..."

The solution?

Seems that people are going to informally ensure that, if and when they move, their houses will be sold to "the right sort of person" in order to maintain the status quo.

Fantastic.

I reckon the value of my house has just shot up 10% just by virtue of that conversation having taken place :-)

Of course, I moved my table next to theirs and made sure they knew I was the "right sort of person".
            Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 5 February 2017, 13:38.

Comment

Oh dear we seem to be moving into the realm of "alternative facts".
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                I overheard a discussion on the neighbouring table in my local pub last night.

The overbearing concern seemed to be that "they've started moving into the villages..."

The solution?

Seems that people are going to informally ensure that, if and when they move, their houses will be sold to "the right sort of person" in order to maintain the status quo.

Fantastic.

I reckon the value of my house has just shot up 10% just by virtue of that conversation having taken place :-)
                I'm not racist but ever since that foreign family have moved in at no. 45, the value of our property has dropped...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Doesn't matter, they could all come from the EU. Leaving the EU will only affect EU nationals. Anyone transiting through will be unaffected.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Since two thirds of migrants actually come from outside the EU, I doubt that Brexit will change anything. If the tyres on your car are flat, changing the spark plugs won't help.

1 - 2/3 = ?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X