• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do you Work From "Home"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you Work From "Home"

MrsMac things it's strange that when I WFH I set myself up on the kitchen table, but the way I see it I am close to the kettle, its usually the warmest room in the house, SONOS is setup so I am entertained, being from an Irish family the front room was never to be used, always needed to be kept spotless for when unexpected visitors came round, so the kitchen was always the social hub growing up.

As much as I would love to turn one of the kids bedrooms into an office, or plant an eco shed in the garden mind you
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Manshack, Manshack!

Quiet, its a destination (I go to work), Its set up so the kids don't fiddle, Its insulated & heated, I have a big stereo fed by multiple sources.

Projector + cross trainer for those boring meetings.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Dedicated home office.

It's in a side extension to the house so can be shut off from the rest of the household activities. Purpose built desks, cupboards and shelving in there to work at and store paper files, house the printer etc. Has it's own separate loo as well.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Suity's marital bedroom when he's away.

Though I don't think of it as work, more leisure.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I sit in what was once the former porch of our cottage with a view out to sea across the back garden.
          At least that is what I do when my fooking BT Broadband is working!!!!!

At the moment it has been down for about 4 days. Their helpful sub-continent experts diagnosed it as a "Router" problem, and after 3 days a replacement arrived.

As expected, it has STILL not cured the problem as it is quite plainly a problem external to my property.
          Much the same as the last problem I had 2-3 months ago.

On that occasion, and after a week of chasing them and pointing them in the right direction, one of their "engineers" climbed the pole on the street and announced that our connection had been "disconnected".

He reconnected it and hey presto! Fooking amateurs!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            I sit in what was once the former porch of our cottage with a view out to sea across the back garden.
            At least that is what I do when my fooking BT Broadband is working!!!!!

At the moment it has been down for about 4 days. Their helpful sub-continent experts diagnosed it as a "Router" problem, and after 3 days a replacement arrived.

As expected, it has STILL not cured the problem as it is quite plainly a problem external to my property.
            Much the same as the last problem I had 2-3 months ago.

On that occasion, and after a week of chasing them and pointing them in the right direction, one of their "engineers" climbed the pole on the street and announced that our connection had been "disconnected".

He reconnected it and hey presto! Fooking amateurs!

Where do you live the third world or South Devon? Oh hang on, scrap that. No difference.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Home office. Kitchen wouldn't fit my massive 'pooter.

Comment

Nominally bedroom 3, I have a room dedicated as my study... office by day, music stuff by night. Nice view onto the street for being nosey at what's going on.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Manshack, Manshack!

Quiet, its a destination (I go to work), Its set up so the kids don't fiddle, Its insulated & heated, I have a big stereo fed by multiple sources.

Projector + cross trainer for those boring meetings.
                  Although this is what I might like assuming you mean it's a separate out-building?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

A recently installed one of these:

Garden Rooms, Garden Studios & Garden Offices - Green Retreats
                    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                    X