• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do you Work From "Home"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I built a manual adjustable height desk a while back out of a few bits'n'bobs including one of those trays for eating breakfast in bed.

However while it only takes 30s or so to switch between modes, it's a bit of a faff and quite physical so I got out of the habit

I'd love a proper system but object to what they cost. Wish I had the electrical nous to build one... maybe one day...
    I have the same problem with mine

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I built a manual adjustable height desk a while back out of a few bits'n'bobs including one of those trays for eating breakfast in bed.

However while it only takes 30s or so to switch between modes, it's a bit of a faff and quite physical so I got out of the habit.

I'd love a proper system but object to what they cost. Wish I had the electrical nous to build one... maybe one day...
      Ever heard of the KISS principle....?

Comment

Kitchen for me. I wouldn't like to be stuck upstairs and the living room is for relaxing and I like the divide.

Comment

However while it only takes 30s or so to switch between modes, it's a bit of a faff and quite physical so I got out of the habit.

IKEA hacks or whatever that bloody website is called.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            Ever heard of the KISS principle....?

What's supporting the other 3 legs?

Also my desk is 12 feet long, the whole point was not to lift the entire desk just the keyboard and monitors
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
              I've been looking at this company to get one plonked into my Garden.

Would you recommend them as a company?
              Yeah, I looked at Booth's garden studios first, but they didn't really seem interested. Didn't return my calls etc. Green retreats turned up when they said and did the job. Can't complain really....
              And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

My oak panelled dining room doubles nicely as the boardroom. Have to keep the door shut though or the cats come and sit on my keyboard.
                Best 4g signal is in
                [ ] Trap 1
                [X] Trap 2
                [ ] Trap 3

Comment

Originally posted by MrLoveBucket View Post
                  My oak panelled dining room doubles nicely as the boardroom. Have to keep the door shut though or the cats come and sit on my keyboard.
                  They are helping you work....
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sometimes the hot tub. When on the phone, face down on the masseuse's table.

Actually, I've got one of those log cabins, too. Works really well. Put in a toilet, a fridge, a microwave, a kettle, a bed for a quick afternoon nap when CUK is boring. It works great, and is big enough to have a couple people working with me when that makes since.

Comment

Dining room, much to the vexation of Mrs qh but I'll be staying put until the garage is converted.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X