• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do you Work From "Home"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in any room as long as I can spread myself out and am comfortable. I do have a home office but is currently being stripped and decorated.

I once was recuperating and having to work I worked from my bed - I then learnt I could work anywhere within reason.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Two desk home office with custom built desks and floor to ceiling cupboards. 2 Aeron's of course.... But it's even duller than the clients office so work with laptop on a heat proof tray on the sofa
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Spare room is my home office. With a sofa bed in it for the once a year someone visits.

All the things I need and close enough to the kitchen for regular coffee top ups.

If I sit in the front room, I'll only put the telly on and get sucked into Homes Under the Hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Two desk home office with custom built desks and floor to ceiling cupboards. 2 Aeron's of course.... But it's even duller than the clients office so work with laptop on a heat proof tray on the sofa
          How do you hide from the client that you aren't sitting at a desk/table?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            How do you hide from the client that you aren't sitting at a desk/table?
            Sky live pause......

Comment

Normally my study (repurposed spare bedroom)

Or if I have many drawings out then the games room as the table in there is 8'x10'
              Growing old is mandatory
              Growing up is optional

Comment

5th bedroom is my study, leaving our study downstairs as a play/junkroom

Comment

I have a desk in my main bedroom. The carpets in the living room have awful 1980's pattern (i'm in a rented house) and I couldn't cope with the visual affect.

The kitchen is definitely a no go too because it's north facing. I'd have to use a SAD lamp permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Home office. Kitchen wouldn't fit my massive 'pooter.
                    That's why laptops are great!

Comment

Have a dedicated man cave complete with all the toys one would want to work from home comfortably.

However Im starting to think this would be a better idea:

www.wework.com

Comment

Working...
                      X