• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What are you doing this weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFA.

Sat : 200km bike ride followed by lying on the sofa eating cake.
    Sun : Probably not much, possibly a short ride to stretch the legs. Otherwise working out what needs doing to get the garage boarded out internally to make it more habitable for using the turbo trainer etc.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

We're playing in the Irish Pub at the weekend.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Bike ride for me too, though not 200 KM (crikey!). More like 60.

Some contractors here may be enjoying a long weekend. Clientco has awarded any contractor with over a year's "service" a free day off.

EDIT: Oh, and watching the rugby, as long as it's on proper telly.

Comment

Got a new old-stock trapezoid tail-piece for my Rickenbacker 360-12 to replace the tacky 'R' one, new set of strings, they are a bastard to change on the 12-string headstock, and I am a notorious string snapper on replacement (never when playing though).

Comment

Sweet Fanny Adams
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              TFA.

Sat : 200km bike ride followed by lying on the sofa eating cake.
              Sun : Probably not much, possibly a short ride to stretch the legs. Otherwise working out what needs doing to get the garage boarded out internally to make it more habitable for using the turbo trainer etc.
              These may still be in an Aldi near you

aldi 72221 mdf tool holder (metal rack with 3 mdf pegboard tool holders)

Great for bike tool storage

Got the last pair at £7.50 a go.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                These may still be in an Aldi near you

aldi 72221 mdf tool holder (metal rack with 3 mdf pegboard tool holders)

Great for bike tool storage

Got the last pair at £7.50 a go.
                Already got all that stuff

The garage is still bare brick walls and concrete floor atm. Looking at blocking off the main door and boarding it out inside to insulate it and keep the dust out, turning it into a proper home gym / bike workshop.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Is your concrete floor sealed? A guy here has major condensation issues with his garage.

Does it sound like I know what I'm talking about? (I don't).

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    We're playing in the Irish Pub at the weekend.

You don't want to share with us where?

Comment

Working...
                    X