• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diesel Scrappage Scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    lol of course they do

anyway, back to the point, it would seem, compared to the mainland, Brits are being done up like kippers again ! on the congestion charge and the diesel scrappage

Milan.
    Lets not forget that the TFL muppets ****ed the lights up on purpose to make drivers lives as hard as possible to try and discourage them from driving so in order to solve the problem all they need to do is:

1) provide a tax incentive that can be claimed back for every employee that works from home instead of commute for 4 days a week

2) un break the traffic light systems in the towns for the remaining traffic.

Problems solved... But thats solving the problem and they are not interested in that they want more money...

Comment

So basically if you're looking to buy a nice car - buy an old diesel and trade it in and get a nice discount

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
        So basically if you're looking to buy a nice car - buy an old diesel and trade it in and get a nice discount
        This is what happened with the last scrappage scheme. Any car under a grand was automatically demand with the value of the scheme. So total heaps to cars with many tens of thousands of miles of life left got squashed, including interesting classics. In fact, so popular was the scheme that the government had to store a large number of cars in RAF Thurleigh before they were 'processed':

R.A.F Thurleigh (car graveyard) April15 - 28DL

Comment

Originally posted by VillageContractor View Post
          You need to have owned it for 12 months.

With the last scheme they extended twice but I don't think the total time frame was a year.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have a diesel vehicle sitting on my drive is because a certain Labour prime minister made VED rates for diesel vehicles more attractive because they emit fewer greenhouse gasses?
            Sort of. It was EU legislation, backed by the very powerful Green lobby in Brussels that dictated what constituted a 'clean' engine. It also coincided with German deisel manufacturers telling porkies about how 'clean' their engines were. The USA had it right Tax the Nox which is what kills people, not the theoretical CO2 warming.

Comment

So is this going to effect modern, efficient diesels (the ones currently in the £0-30 range) or only the old clunkers? Does it mean I should avoid a diesel car or does it mean diesel car prices are going to plummet as everyone moves to petrol and I SHOULD buy diesel?!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                So is this going to effect modern, efficient diesels (the ones currently in the £0-30 range) or only the old clunkers? Does it mean I should avoid a diesel car or does it mean diesel car prices are going to plummet as everyone moves to petrol and I SHOULD buy diesel?!
                I would stick to your current petrol model

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It's not much newer than that... 12 year old Mazda
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    It's not much newer than that... 12 year old Mazda
                    Keep your car until you know the details.

Oh and apparently Westminister's environmental charge on diesels is illegal.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's the C11 in burnt diesel fumes that are carcinogenic.

Comment

Working...
                      X