• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diesel Scrappage Scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    How the hell does an Astra last 15 years? They sound fecked after about 5.
    Cojak and Mr own it.

I had an Astra as a replacement hire car - I don't like them. I prefer the tulipty 1 litres I normally hire.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's long overdue - these polluting tiny diesel engines must be taken off the road to make more space for my 5.5L V8 petrol

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Nothing says "successful contractor" like a +2yr warchest and no mortgage.

You spend your money your way, I'll spend mine the way I like.
        Oooo touchy.

I was kidding, though clearly the joke is lost when we're not face to face.

Am also in a similar position to you BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Am also in a similar position to you BTW.
          No, she is a mod on here...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            No, she is a mod on here...
            And Trump is president of the US

What's happening to our world!!

Comment

Scrap my darling little van? I would sooner see 10 million die of air pollution!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Indeed

So a person drives car x and they are therefore an underachiever

And person drives car y and therefore they are an over achiever

But if you then look the person driving car x has plenty of money and a stable life

The person driving car y struggles to make at ends meet each month and is consistently worrying about money.

Who is going to be the better person to bring onboard?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Scrap my darling little van? I would sooner see 10 million die of air pollution!
                  You may not have a choice when the next MOT is due...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    Stupid idea. Most “pollution” comes from trucks and buses and commercial oil heating; not cars.
                    Right enough, you only need stand at a bus stop and you'll have lung cancer within the hour.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Diesel fumes ‘biggest health catastrophe since Black Death’ as London exceeds yearly air pollution levels – in eight days | The Independent

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...tion-in-europe

UK air pollution 'linked to 40,000 early deaths a year' - BBC News

Scrap ALL diesels, they are literally killing us all.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-38170794

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...cientists.html
                      Last edited by DimPrawn; 3 February 2017, 19:29.

Comment

Working...
                      X