Posts 21 to 25 of 25

I live on CUK

vetran is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Them people... you know the ones that believe climate change stops at the border waiting for its passport to be stamped. But buy all their goods from China driven by 1960's style coal fired power stations powering factories staffed by 7 year olds that pollute the rivers. Or those people that send old electronics to India to be burnt on their beaches & Picked through by kids.

The same people that believe international tax evasion by large conglomerates is something JC Juncker arranges for them. The same people who believe corruption & dissent is the way to solve the problems humanity faces on a global scale.

We are leaving a cartel not joining Hades:
    FTFY
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Super poster

jamesbrown is NOT a disguised employee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    So now the MP's have swallowed the frog to satisfy the hallowed referendum result, let the rebellion commence:

Brexit: Conservative MP Neil Carmichael reveals he is set to rebel to guarantee MPs a 'meaningful vote' on final deal | The Independent

There isn't much in this. Some of the votes next week will be closer than those last night, and the gov't will make some minor process concessions, but this rebellion won't be a material one (i.e. no chance of a final vote defaulting to another renegotiation). The Tory rebels are split on this point, and there's enough support from the other parties to guarantee passage. The real fireworks won't come until the Great Repeal Bill, which is less politicised than the triggering of A50.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    FTFY
    It's a good effort, but you've failed in your belief the the EU imports as much tat from China as does the UK.

First think I picked up in my hand, a glass from that Ikea place. Made in Russia. The next a pen... made in Germany! Next a ruler (yes some people still use) made in the Netherlands it says. On look the bulb above me head, Osram.. hmmm wonder what country that is

Must try harder Vetran!
    London : 'we're holding a referendum to leave the Eureopean union

EU: 'OK'

Scotland: 'we're holding a referendum to leave the UK union'

London: ' Oh no you're not'.

I live on CUK

vetran is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    It's a good effort, but you've failed in your belief the the EU imports as much tat from China as does the UK.

First think I picked up in my hand, a glass from that Ikea place. Made in Russia. The next a pen... made in Germany! Next a ruler (yes some people still use) made in the Netherlands it says. On look the bulb above me head, Osram.. hmmm wonder what country that is

Must try harder Vetran!
    Oh look facts how inconvenient...

China - Trade - European Commission

EU-China trade has increased dramatically in recent years. China is the EU's biggest source of imports by far, and has also become one of the EU's fastest growing export markets. The EU has also become China’s biggest source of imports. China and Europe now trade well over €1 billion a day.
    EU imports from China are dominated by industrial and consumer goods: machinery and equipment, footwear and clothing, furniture and lamps, and toys. EU exports to China are concentrated on machinery and equipment, motor vehicles, aircraft, and chemicals.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Lord of the Vectras

VectraMan is NOT a disguised employee

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesbrown View Post
    The real fireworks won't come until the Great Repeal Bill, which is less politicised than the triggering of A50.
    That's when people start to realise we're probably going to keep more or less all the laws that were supposedly forced upon us? That will be interesting.

There's a greater question here as to whether we expect politicians to now be reduced to simply taking an opinion poll and voting for what the people say, or whether we want them to start being politicians again. I did like the bloke that gave the 8 second speech; he may as well have said "we're all entirely pointless".
    Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3