• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit DOOM™: £50 bln divorce bill to pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    He can't; otherwise the Iberian peninsula would be deep red for routing half the world. Looking further afield, there are plenty more that are the wrong end of the pH scale.
    You need not be a historian to know Mao is probably responsible for the most death, but more through starvation, labour camps, rather than conflict. And I assume conflict is what we're talking about here since the OP brought up NATO budgets.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      Care to put some facts to that?
      I think we just invent them as usual it is a Scooter post.

I think he is still sore over Falkirk.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Brexit DOOM™: £50 bln divorce bill to pay

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        You need not be a historian to know Mao is probably responsible for the most death, but more through starvation, labour camps, rather than conflict. And I assume conflict is what we're talking about here since the OP brought up NATO budgets.
        NATO is about peacekeeping, security and defence, not conflict.
        Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 2 February 2017, 10:14.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          I think we just invent them as usual it is a Scooter post.

I think he is still sore over Falkirk.
          Not dissimilar to reading The Guardian these days. You just get the feeling of a side that knows it's lost the argument.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            NATO is about peacekeeping, security and defence, not conflict.
            So what happened with the Iraq conflict and those invisible weapons of mass destruction 45 minutes away from reducing Whitehall to dust?

NATO keeps the peace? The US ignored the rules it agreed to follow and now complains some nations are not pulling their weight into the budget!

Years from now people will look, did they serious say 45 minutes?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              NATO name and shame list.

Big respect to Greece.

Estonia spends less than us as a percentage of GDP, and yet they are above us on that graph.

That can't be right surely!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Estonia spends less than us as a percentage of GDP, and yet they are above us on that graph.

That can't be right surely!
                Its EU accounting its completely right but certain transactions aren't shown for Clarity
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Germany and Italy need to double their defence budgets. That's cool I'm sure we could sell them a nuclear submarine or two.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    Germany and Italy need to double their defence budgets. That's cool I'm sure we could sell them a nuclear submarine or two.
                    Nothing like arms sales to boost the UK's coffers.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      So what happened with the Iraq conflict and those invisible weapons of mass destruction 45 minutes away from reducing Whitehall to dust?

NATO keeps the peace? The US ignored the rules it agreed to follow and now complains some nations are not pulling their weight into the budget!

Years from now people will look, did they serious say 45 minutes?
                      Iraq wasn't a NATO operation.

http://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_51977.htm

The two key failures IMHO with Iraq was the lack of a transition plan, and the treatment of detainees and the general population.

Militarily the Iraq conflict was shooting fish in a barrel.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X