• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit DOOM™: £50 bln divorce bill to pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    It'll be reclaimed just like Trump and the Mexican wall, through trade taxes.

What is absurd is approaching a divorce lawyer and expecting not to pay for the services rendered. And this is the mother of all divorces, of course it'll cost a bomb.

17 million Brexiters should be paying through their PAYE.
    Lawyers will need to be paid - but this is like a maintenance and severance package.

I don't mind paying a fair amount, it is the UK leaving the club, but punitive sums are unacceptable.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      No self respecting state will negotiate with terrorists.

The demand for UK to honour all commitments will be non-negotiable, payable by extra tariffs if necessary.
      Commitments to what?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        Lawyers will need to be paid - but this is like a maintenance and severance package.

I don't mind paying a fair amount, it is the UK leaving the club, but punitive sums are unacceptable.
        well as the Club is so great and has such massive value above the membership after all it is regularly likened to a Golf Club we should get a decent portion of that value back.

So really as we have been paying loads in I suggest we get the first 6 holes & a third of the Clubhouse!

We will give you a third of the Golfpro shop to cover important stuff like Junket's pension,

Sorted, can you send the cheque when we trigger article 50 please.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Commitments to what?
          Long term projects - German NHS needs it's £350 mln per week.

HTH

Comment

It is only punitive because the UK has signed up for a number of long-term commitments as an EU member - projects and initiatives that will continue long after the UK has left, and where contributions from the UK were meant to be collected annually. Now the EU will naturally want payment of any remaining commitments up front.

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
              It is only punitive because the UK has signed up for a number of long-term commitments as an EU member - projects and initiatives that will continue long after the UK has left, and where contributions from the UK were meant to be collected annually. Now the EU will naturally want payment of any remaining commitments up front.
              You'll need to explain in terms that those dullards can understand, ie:

UK signed up for 24 month Sky contract, it can't "exit" in the middle without paying for the remainder of the minimum contract.

Comment

"The European Union will demand a £50billion Brexit bill, a former ambassador to the EU has has said as the Government said that the demands are "absurd".

Sir Ivan Rogers, the UK's former man in Brussels, said that Brexit has exploded a "bomb" under the European Union's budget and it will seek to claw back money from the UK.

He said that negotiations with the European Union are likely to descend into "name-calling" and "fist fighting" before an agreement is reached."

Liam Fox dismisses "absurd" claim that UK will face £50 billion Brussels bill after Brexit

So that's nearly a grand for each resident of UK, probably more since the bill will in in EUR
                And we'll tell them to do one.

HTHBIDI
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by m0n1k3r View Post
                  Again - I don't have an issue with this - we should see out our financial obligations in this funding tranche (5-6 years?). I would expect that if this is funding things like R&D we should benefit until we cease payment.

What I do have an issue with is an extra charge for cancelling the policy early.

I am also content to pay per view - to access the odd product on offer. But if the cost is too much I won't bother.
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

What I do have an issue with is an extra charge for cancelling the policy early.
                    Have you tried to cancel your mortgage early, before finishing repayments? The bank might have an issue with it.

I am also content to pay per view - to access the odd product on offer. But if the cost is too much I won't bother.
                    No, that would be cherry picking - best plans ain't available on cheap PAYG basis for a reason.

Comment

UK signed up for 24 month Sky contract, it can't "exit" in the middle without paying for the remainder of the minimum contract.
                      Yes we can and what are they going to do about it? When they present a properly audited set of accounts we may well ask for our share of the assets back so they should give us $50Billion++

Comment

Working...
                      X