• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next Doctor Who will be a lady actor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    ... and Matt Lucas so those 37 countries would have had a lot more to complain about.
    Because Matt Lucas is gay, or because he's Matt Lucas?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Dr Who is a sci-fi character so is not real.

Dr Who is an alien so actually doesn't have a human biological sex and human gender.

Dr Who is aimed a children not adults particularly sexist adult men. If it was aimed at adults Dr Who would be clearly trans-gender.

Oh and the recent series of Dr Who had an openly lesbian assistant and Matt Lucas so those 37 countries would have had a lot more to complain about.
      Is so real.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Because Matt Lucas is gay, or because he's Matt Lucas?
        Personally I was p*ssed cos he was in the program and there is no need for him to be in it. Others maybe p*ssed because he is gay.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Personally I was p*ssed cos he was in the program and there is no need for him to be in it. Others maybe p*ssed because he is gay.
          he adds little and is a little annoying, wasn't particularly worried about the gay thing, plenty of great people are gay.

Alan Turing
          Freddie Mercury
          George Micheal
          Elton John

etc.

However its the overt sexual content of all types. Maybe I missed it but Dr Who was an alien who had no interest in us sexually he was that loving Grandad for the human race and that made it clean fun for kids.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            he adds little and is a little annoying, wasn't particularly worried about the gay thing, plenty of great people are gay.
            Alan Turing - genius
            Freddie Mercury - narcissistic musical genius and awesome performer
            George Micheal, Elton John narcissistic reasonably talented performers of some memorable tunes. But not in any way "great".

Comment

Someone rants well...

I see you, Jodie Whittaker.

I see you walking through the woods with your hood up, your back to the camera, the dry leaves crunching under your feet. I see the key materialising in to your hand and I hear the rasping of the Tardis landing, that peculiar, familiar, metallic sound, like a Cyberman having a rusty wank in an echoey barn. I see you throw back your hood, Jodie Whittaker, your lips parting in to a smile, your face full of the promise of fun and adventure and… hang on a minute. You’re a bloody woman. What the Gallifreyan crap is this?

You’ve done it now, Jodie Whittaker. You’re the thirteenth Doctor and after decades of adventures through time and space in which the character has kidnapped countless teenagers despite being the hero, lived in a phone box that’s bigger on the inside, never once taken a tulip and fought a race of nazis played by dwarves hiding in upturned bins you’ve gone and stretched the whole franchise beyond any sense of credibility by having the audacity to get a job on merit whilst simultaneously owning a vagina.

It’s political correctness going too far again, Jodie Whittaker. How could a fictional alien with two hearts who has lived for thousands of years and regenerates into a whole new person when they die ever become a woman? It makes no scientific sense. How could a woman ever know what to do with a magical vibrating stick when there’s not a man around to help her?

You’ve turned the comments section of Youtube into a war zone, Jodie Whittaker. Casting you is leftie nonsense, meaningless appeasement of the snowflake generation, a gimmick, a betrayal of the character that makes no narrative sense - even though the Doctor has already been thirteen very different characters. Yes, he’s always been a man, but he’s also an utterly absurd alien in a kid’s TV show. Casting Morgan Freeman as the lead role in a biopic of Princess Diana would make no narrative sense. When you’re playing a time-hopping crusader from a different galaxy who fights Peter Kay in a giant rubber fatsuit it’s a bit of a ******* stretch to complain about the show’s artistic license when it comes to lopping Peter Capaldi’s cock off.

A lot of it is nothing but sexist nonsense, obviously. And for some it’s simply too much of a change for a character that’s always had a fundamentally male thread running through the spine of the Doctor’s history and perspective. But can we step the hell back and remember the real issue here - it’s a kid’s TV show, and in that same godawful Peter Kay episode, a man implied that he was ******* his girlfriend’s face in a paving slab he carried around with him. That. That is, was, and always will be the stupidest decision Doctor Who will ever make. Casting a very good actor in a role she’ll be perfectly bloody good at couldn’t be further away from that decision.

And as for the ‘political correctness going too far’ bollocks again? If it’s gone too far, someone’s going to have to show me the point at which it presumably went just far enough. I can only assume if we’re now overstepping the mark that there must have been a point a while ago at which we hit genuine equality in terms of opportunity and representation. What with all the hate crime, repression, online trolling and sexual harassment I think I must have missed it.

I see you, Jodie Whittaker, knowing full well you were taking a role that was going to come with a tulipty wheelbarrow full of backlash and doing it anyway. I see your perfectly calm and reasonable appeal for the fans to not be fearful of the change. I see you standing up and taking a punt at a role that a thousand other actors would kill for, only this time you’ll also be showing little girls that they can be the main character, the fearless hero, the adventurer. And with any luck, the sensible parents will point out to their little boys that they shouldn’t give one single solitary Sontaran **** when the lead actor on their favourite show just happens to also have a uterus.

Because it’s for them, Jodie Whittaker, and all the pearl-clutching fanboys need to remember that their Doctor, whoever it was, whichever one they watched in their formative years, hasn’t and won’t ever change in terms of what he meant to them. It’s just time for something different, something new; time for you to be the Doctor for a whole new generation, and to show them that anyone who says you can’t be can go and **** a paving slab.

I see you, Jodie Whittaker. I ******* see you.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Alan Turing - genius
                Freddie Mercury - narcissistic musical genius and awesome performer
                George Micheal, Elton John narcissistic reasonably talented performers of some memorable tunes. But not in any way "great".
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...George_Michael

Elton John Awards and Nominations

Seem to be doing pretty well when judged by their peers.

Both have far more chance of being remembered by future generations than any of us.

Both are a lot better than Adele or Lily Allen.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

DALEKS The time to conquer the world is now 12.30 to 1.30 weekdays, when Loose Women is on.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...George_Michael

Elton John Awards and Nominations

Seem to be doing pretty well when judged by their peers fellow narcissists.

Both have far more chance of being remembered by future generations than any of us.

Both are a lot better than Adele or Lily Allen.
                    FTFY.

Everyone assumes that their favourite musical hero of their generation will be remembered. Give it a few years and we'll find out who was really good, and who was simply tapping into the zeitgeist.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      DALEKS The time to conquer the world is now 12.30 to 1.30 weekdays, when Loose Women is on.

No normal woman with a brain watches that sh*t.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X