• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump's Muslim Ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Trump's press secretary pretty much said just that at his White House press conference yesterday
    The republic has fallen under the control of evil men.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Those are the common people.
      <PrincePhilip>All Americans are common people.</PrincePhilip>

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Trump's press secretary pretty much said just that at his White House press conference yesterday
        Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you ...

To assume that just because of someone’s age and gender that they don’t pose a threat would be misguided and wrong
        After all the parents of this US citizen, a resident of Maryland had literally hours to radicalise their son, tool him up and explain the seventy virgins thing.

Words fail me.
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Sanctions against Sweden would be more effective at saving American lives. More people in the US have died from IKEA furniture these past 10 years than terrorism.
          Also lawnmowers and pre-school kids with guns, apparently. Nothing like a demonised, fictional enemy 'them' for drawing the populace's attention away from real problems at home, as Orwell nearly said. Trumps base knows exactly what he is doing.
          My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

So it continues.

Irish prime minister Enda Kenny today has ordered a complete review of the US Homeland Security controlled “pre-clearance” at Ireland’s two main airports in response to growing opposition in the Republic to the Trump travel ban.

Ireland is one of only six countries that allows American Homeland Security officials to vet travellers before they fly out to the United States.

The taoiseach said:

In respect of the policy introduced by the American government I disagree with. I will obviously say that to the president and vice president when I meet with them...

I have asked for a complete review now of the pre-clearance facilities here in Ireland in respect of the three departments dealing with this. So we can be absolutely clear about the importance of it.

Last night the Irish Department of Transport confirmed that one traveller was turned away at the gate to transatlantic flights in Dublin Airport.

Kenny will face calls today in cabinet from independent deputies who serve in his coalition government to suspend Homeland Security’s right to screen transatlantic passengers at Dublin and Shannon Airport until the Trump ban is lifted.

The children’s minister, Katherine Zappone, has written to the taoiseach ahead of the cabinet meeting in Dublin later on Tuesday warning Kenny that the travel ban may be unlawful to operate at Irish airports.

Zappone said that the US-Ireland pre-clearance agreement upholds the rights of people under Irish law. At present any traveller booked on a flight to the United States from Ireland is processed through US immigration in Dublin or Shannon before they board their flight or arrive in the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              After 24 hours a judge in the US cancelled part of the Trump's decree.
              Finally, someone with good sense stopped the Muslims deportations in the airports.
              PS: She was fired today for being against Trump orders.

When the politic interferes with the justice, is a way of a dictatorship. Just wait...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                The republic has fallen under the control of evil men.
                This is correct. Devil's work.

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

And my 1666th post!

What is this telling us?

<plays The Twilight Zone music>

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Support for Trump's ban
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Spicer again, I just love this bloke

Trump’s White House press secretary Sean Spicer just told reporters that the recent terror attack in a Quebec mosque that killed five praying Muslims and injured eight others is “a terrible reminder of why we must remain vigilant, and why the President is taking steps to be proactive.”

So let me get this straight. A terror attack against innocent Muslims by a white, Christian Trump supporter is proof that we need to ban Muslims from entering the United States? America, we have entered the Twilight Zone. Even in a world of Trump’s “alternative facts,” this ridiculous statement takes the cake for being one of the most illogical, insane things ever uttered from the White House.

Instead of pausing to reflect on how Trump’s own campaign rhetoric may have inspired Alexander Bissonnette, (the Islamophobic Quebec shooter who “likes” Trump on Facebook and is an ardent follower of Trump’s French ally Marine Le Pen,) to slaughter innocent Muslims during a prayer service, the White House is doing logic somersaults to blame — you guessed it — Muslims.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X