• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump's Muslim Ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    That's why I post all my "extremist" views on here, in complete anonymity. Only MF knows who I really am, and he'd never dob me in, even under torture. Oh sh*t, he would, wouldn't he. Bugger. I never wanted to go back to the US anyway...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

No more twinkies on a stick for you.... unless May makes good on that import deal

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I thought the Cuban right to remain being canned was in return for them not being thrown in prison when they went home? Essentially, they're safe to return so the right to claim asylum is no longer necessary.
        Yeah, because you can trust Castro's word, he even promised for them to have Playstation 4 Pros and latest LG OLED TVs in jail and absolutely no torture whatsoever...

Thing is, Trump bans people from countries where US forces have to or will have to fight, so having local support saves lifes of troops and the only way it could work if those guys get green cards after that, now even green card (!) holders are not allowed to come back in, with pretty much zero notice.

Comment

Iraqi born MP unable to travel to the US with his family:

https://twitter.com/nadhimzahawi/sta...45925275500545

Being punished for being born on a different piece of land....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Iraqi born MP unable to travel to the US with his family:

https://twitter.com/nadhimzahawi/sta...45925275500545

Being punished for being born on a different piece of land....
            NOT being able to visit the USA is not necessarily a "punishment".
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              That's why I post all my "extremist" views on here, in complete anonymity. Only MF knows who I really am, and he'd never dob me in, even under torture. Oh sh*t, he would, wouldn't he. Bugger. I never wanted to go back to the US anyway...
              Abraham, I'll never tell anyone why you hate Muslims. Ein be-a-ya.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                NOT being able to visit the USA is not necessarily a "punishment".
                It's fine to have a bit of humour, but what has just happened is totally unprecedented in a western supposedly liberal country.

It's pushing things so far to the right I wouldn't be surprised if we saw another Hitler emerging in a number of years...

Comment

It's not even funny.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I believe I'm correct in saying that this order, had it been in force before, would not have prevented a single one of the terrorist attacks that have taken place in the USA.

It certainly wouldn't have prevented 9/11, as that was carried out by Saudis. Saudi Arabia isn't on the list

Comment

Sanctions against Sweden would be more effective at saving American lives. More people in the US have died from IKEA furniture these past 10 years than terrorism.

Comment

Working...
                      X