• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump's Muslim Ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump's Muslim Ban

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Once again PG shows his astonishing ignorance of the world situation. This seems to be a level of stupidity that you'd actually have to work at to achieve.
    It's ill thought out and goes too far. But banning citizens from other countries is not unprecedented in the U.S. It has happened before and people didn't get their knickers in a twist.

https://youtu.be/cAoXgZLRee0

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7...mp-ban-muslims
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 29 January 2017, 09:04.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      What if they banned British, would that be ok?
      If the British majority started to follow an extreme religion then I could understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        If the British majority started to follow an extreme religion then I could understand it.
        Three words... Church of England, those fetes are a breeding ground for radical cake based agendas!

Comment

Seriously though 95% of the nutters for 911 were Saudi, for decades they have used their oil money to promote their extreme form of Islam and fund terrorism, as well as liberally sprinkling (western sourced I might add) weapons at a piss poor country Yemen, if trump was serious he would have banned the house of Saud, but he isn't and its all a media game so let's ban a few countries who are piss poor have no oil or global influence instead, what a wank puffin!

Comment

Oh and no ban for Saudi by proxy i.e. Pakistan either!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
              Three words... Church of England, those fetes are a breeding ground for radical cake based agendas!
              Hah, religion annoys me. Just another way to control. COE how dare they dictate what cake I should eat at fetes.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I would ban any extreme religion if I had my way.
                Well then perhaps then you should start with Christianity. No other nation on earth has split as much human blood as has America.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  It's ill thought out and goes too far. But banning citizens from other countries is not unprecedented in the U.S. It has happened before and people didn't get their knickers in a twist.
                  Translated, what you're saying there is "Completely different actions done for completely different reasons under completely different circumstances didn't make people object, so I don't see why they should object now." This is not such a solid defence of your position as you seem to think it is

Comment

How about everyone bans everyone then there will be no need for anyone to travel anywhere and the environment and climate may just recover a little (although Trump is a climate change denier so he'll need an alternate fact). With no air travel, there's no need for a 3rd runway at Heathrow (or Tracy island for Boris), and we can turn our airports into housing estates. Assuming there is still some international trade, container ships will dock in international waters outside the countries they are delivering to, and locals will ferry the goods into their destination port.

Comment

British Vet has been caught up in it as well. Trying to fly back from Costa Rica to the UK via New York. Told she was barred from boarding the flight and left stranded. Cost £2,600 to book new tickets via Milan. Won't be able to pay rent, bills, food etc as a result.

Funds raised for US flight ban vet to return to Glasgow - BBC News
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X