• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump's Muslim Ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's certainly not making him popular in the States.

President Donald Trump smashes record to get fastest majority disapproval rating ever

In normal times, it takes American presidents hundreds of days before they reach a majority disapproval rating.

This has been the case for the last five presidents - with Bill Clinton being the previous record holder after taking 573 days to have more than 50 per cent of Americans disapprove of his presidency.

But Donald Trump, the billionaire businessman, TV star and now US president, has smashed this record after his victory on a wave of anti-establishment anger.

It has taken just eight days for him to gain a majority disapproval rating, according to Gallup polling, with 51 per cent of Americans saying they disapproved of the President on 28 January 2016.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      The 'other side' will just claim he could have been one of those child suicide bombers.

Poor thing must have been terrified.
      I'm sure you were being sarcastic but I read a few posts on twitter claiming just that!
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
        I'm sure you were being sarcastic but I read a few posts on twitter claiming just that!
        it has already occurred in Somalia or Sudan, and somewhere else in North Africa. Thrump is brewing hate, it'll not be long before they have another home grown incident at this rate.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Trump is uniting people everywhere.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Well it's certainly not making him popular in the States.

President Donald Trump smashes record to get fastest majority disapproval rating ever
            Like that's news! He only won the election because Hillary was the alternative.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              Still, thank God HRC didn't win!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                But are the Dems kicking themselves for not nominating Sanders. Hell no! They're still attacking him. Meanwhile Dems are flopping about like fishes outta water.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

But are the Dems kicking themselves for not nominating Sanders. Hell no! They're still attacking him. Meanwhile Dems are flopping about like fishes outta water.
                  There are clear echos of the Labour Party over here - the politicians want leaders that the voters don't. This is exactly what the people voted against and it's fried a lot of so called intellectual brains that are in shock that the common people have had enough of it.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Meanwhile Dems are flopping about like fishes outta water.
                    It's probably fair to say the sensible moderate types were too busy being appalled at what was happening that they didn't do a good enough job at putting forward their arguments. And still are. Same to a lesser extent with Brexit.

The turnout was 54.6%, which means far more Americans couldn't be arsed than supported either Trump or Clinton. Those are the common people.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Trump's press secretary pretty much said just that at his White House press conference yesterday

Comment

Working...
                      X