• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life long Tory seeking new home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wait for the inevitable collapse of civilisation in the wake of Brexit and Trump, then install yourself as dictator for life of a small fiefdom among the scattered, squabbling tribes of survivors. Sorted

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Yeah it's just that their policies generally collapse under the lightest scrutiny.
      But apparently the people like that sort of thing and will vote for it.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        It is relevant if the majority of the MPs constituency would want him to vote to remain. Or do you think MPs should routinely ignore the will of their constituents?
        In this instance they should as it wasn't on a constituency basis. All other times they shouldn't.

Of course they need to protect their asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          So I'm wondering what I should vote next. Leaning towards lib dems, but the UK lib dems are a bit too left, whereas in Europe most of the libdem parties are centre right, there is not a real party filling the gap that has now appeared.
          Dig out the 2015 GE results for your area and vote for either the 2nd or 3rd party.

If there is a by-election definitely vote for the second party as a protest vote.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I will vote for Lib dems next time, turns out they are most sensible of the lot, if only they were a bit less taxing and more pro making money, they'd have real chance to replace Liebor as HM Opposition
            Better still OP, join the LibDems. Then you could get a taste of real politics. In this case, delivering a few leaflets knowing full well they will instantly become landfill, waking up the morning after an election sobbing into your cornflakes, and criticising the electorate for being morons who don't know what's good for them. Repeat every 5 years for life. Simples.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Better still OP, join the LibDems. Then you could get a taste of real politics. In this case, delivering a few leaflets knowing full well they will instantly become landfill, waking up the morning after an election sobbing into your cornflakes, and criticising the electorate for being morons who don't know what's good for them. Repeat every 5 years for life. Simples.
              Then stand for local councillor and get elected.

You are only elected because after 10 years delivering leaflets bi-monthly the people who bother voting in local elections recognise your mugshot in the local press and how polite you were when they said "Oh not you again".

Well it worked for a few of my local LibDem councillors over the years....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                It is relevant if the majority of the MPs constituency would want him to vote to remain. Or do you think MPs should routinely ignore the will of their constituents?
                I doubt May would feel particularly troubled if MPs voted per their constituency's results in the EU referendum.

Analysis shows that if the EU referendum was counted per constituency and the result on a First Past The Post system, Leave would have won by 421, compared to 229 for Remain.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I will vote for Lib dems next time, turns out they are most sensible of the lot, if only they were a bit less taxing and more pro making money, they'd have real chance to replace Liebor as HM Opposition
                  I'm a left leaning teapot. Labour don't stand a chance round teapot towers, so I've generally gone with LibDems. But that Farron chappie is such a snotty wet drip he does the party no favours. I get that people are upset about Brexit, but he needs to get over himself.

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
                    I'm a left leaning teapot. Labour don't stand a chance round teapot towers, so I've generally gone with LibDems. But that Farron chappie is such a snotty wet drip he does the party no favours. I get that people are upset about Brexit, but he needs to get over himself.
                    I've known Tim for 25 years. He's no different now than when he was at Uni...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      I've known Tim for 25 years. He's no different now than when he was at Uni...
                      What was his view on tuition fees?

:traitor:

Comment

Working...
                      X