• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foodbank client stories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Yep it spikes in 2008/9 when banks started really flogging BTL mortgages as a 4% return on property looked better than 0.5% from a bank account.
    Except in 08 onwards banks did the opposite and tightened their lending criteria.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Foodbank client stories

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      The Market Oracle has made some excellent forecasts l, but this one is from 2010 and doesn't factor in Brexit.
      Other countries with huge tracks of land and far smaller population densities have soaring property prices (Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Denmark, Sweden, USA).

Property is a global investment commodity.

Banks have lent trillions to BTL globally.

This has increased demand and pushed up prices.

The solution is not to make more houses. The solution is to massively restrict lending and make investing in property unprofitable.

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 30 January 2017, 11:32.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I see this a lot, Germany included.

aye

Milan.
        Last edited by milanbenes; 30 January 2017, 11:41.

Comment

Other countries with huge tracks of land and far smaller population densities have soaring property prices (Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Denmark, Sweden, USA).

The solution is not to make more houses. The solution is to massively restrict lending and make investing in property unprofitable.
          +1....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So those families with 2 or 3 children living in a 2-bed flat. Where are they supposed to go when lending has becoming more responsible?

My heart does go out to them when I read those stories. It's no way for the little ones to be growing up.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

oh dear, "investing" in property would not be attractive if the supply of property fulfilled the demand, hence, the only solution is to build more property

Milan.

Comment

You talk about a solution like there's a problem that anyone who can do anything about would actually bother doing anything about. It's not in lenders' interests for prices to drop. Governments wouldn't want it either; the more equity in property, the richer people feel and consumer confidence to get spending is fuelled.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

So those families with 2 or 3 children living in a 2-bed flat. Where are they supposed to go when lending has becoming more responsible?

My heart does go out to them when I read those stories. It's no way for the little ones to be growing up.
                  How is your BTL flat above the bookies getting on?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    and what's wrong with it, why can't our parents remain in larger properties capable of hosting the whole family for celebrations and festivals ?.
                    Nothing wrong with it all. I'm a fan of big houses myself. Its the expectation the winds me up from younger buyers.

Comment

Once prices crash - they will be more affordable.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X