• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurovision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bee View Post
    With the intellectual level of CUK, your comments are normal.

Portugal won with a great distance from the other songs by the Jury. Manny countries gave 12 points to Portugal including the UK.
    We the UK public didn't give Portugal 12 points.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      We the UK public didn't give Portugal 12 points.
      Mrs bp said Ireland gave us 12 points? Though something about 2 ways of giving points? It made the point giving shorter?

Anyway, next year its Portugal and sasguru has invited us all to stay at his holiday home so we can attend in person.

Comment

A worthy winner and I thought a very moving rendition of the number at the end when the singer's sister (who wrote the number) sang a verse herself.

Muitos parabens!

As a side note, I was pleased to see there wasn't so much of the normal political block voting we've seen in recent years.

Indeed, I thought the events we all saw unfold on BBC television this past Saturday were a great advert for the competition.
        Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 15 May 2017, 10:39.

Comment

Though dissappointed Graham didn't toast TW on song no 9 this year

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            Though dissappointed Graham didn't toast TW on song no 9 this year
            You clearly didn't watch it as he did.

Comment

Who won? Did we do any good
              one day at a time

Comment

The best bit was the Jarvis Cocker when Jamila was singing some crap to pad the event out a bit more

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                  Who won? Did we do any good
                  Portugal won. The singer was a very sick young man whose song had been written by his sister. It is a slow simple sounding song in Portuguese.

We came 15th.

We got null points from Ireland.

The Belgium entry is the only one in the charts Europe wide as it can be remixed for clubbers and fitness classes.

The UK public voted for Bulgaria and Poland as their two top favourite songs.

The political voting wasn't as bad as previous years.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Portugal won. The singer was a very sick young man whose song had been written by his sister. It is a slow simple sounding song in Portuguese.

We came 15th.

We got null points from Ireland.

The Belgium entry is the only one in the charts Europe wide as it can be remixed for clubbers and fitness classes.

The UK public voted for Bulgaria and Poland as their two top favourite songs.

The political voting wasn't as bad as previous years.
                    Many thanks for summary. I only flicked over for a minute or so and the aussies were awarding us some points - 12 I think..
                    one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
                      A worthy winner and I thought a very moving rendition of the number at the end when the singer's sister (who wrote the number) sang a verse herself.

Muitos parabens!

As a side note, I was pleased to see there wasn't so much of the normal political block voting we've seen in recent years.

Indeed, I thought the events we all saw unfold on BBC television this past Saturday were a great advert for the competition.
                      Really? The lyrics were lost on me by his 'I think I've tuliped my pants' face.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X