• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Discussion - Predictions of Britain in a Post Brexit world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Only in Britain were the borders opened wide for anyone in the EU to come, with very little in the way of paperwork and bureacracy to put you off.
    Yet again our politicians failed and blamed the EU for their failings.
    Quite true and has been put out there so many times but it's easier to blame someone else...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Milan, that line says a great deal about you. I really wish you would just have confidence in yourself.

it was a joke, it wasn't mean't, I don't believe that, and I know it is a sad thing when looked at word for word, but it made me larf, apologies for my immaturity

main thing I want to say is, just ignore SAS's insults, he can't help that, but insults aside the debates are interesting

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        it was a joke, it wasn't mean't, I don't believe that, and I know it is a sad thing when looked at word for word, but it made me larf, apologies for my immaturity

main thing I want to say is, just ignore SAS's insults, he can't help that, but insults aside the debates are interesting

Milan.
        Git.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Aye,

anyway, back to business, if we do a rough poll of the responses in the this thread from those pesky Brexiters and us Remoaners, it's clear to see, the concensus is, things are not going to be better than they are now in Post Brexit Britain

and hence the question, why to Brexit, isn't it cutting off your nose to spite your face ?

Call me old fashioned, but why not to embrace Europe, get into bed with Le French and Ze Germans and influence and change it from the inside instead of throwing stones from the outside ?

Or is this just a continuation of foreign policy of the last 500 years ?

Milan

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            For you its a competition, you try to make up for you insecurities by making this into a battle. When you feel you are losing you insult. I don't take it personally but I know for you the argument is lost so you just insult. It's not a competition to me.

I put people on the ignore list because they just don't add anything. Some good points but again I'm leaving this thread because when a couple of you disagree you insult and the thread spirals to it's death.
            Typical Brexiter snowflake.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              No different to giving extra cash to someone who should go bankrupt. The interest free bit is academic.
              So the UK should have let banks collapse in 2008 instead of handing them free money?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Aye,

anyway, back to business, if we do a rough poll of the responses in the this thread from those pesky Brexiters and us Remoaners, it's clear to see, the concensus is, things are not going to be better than they are now in Post Brexit Britain

and hence the question, why to Brexit, isn't it cutting off your nose to spite your face ?

Call me old fashioned, but why not to embrace Europe, get into bed with Le French and Ze Germans and influence and change it from the inside instead of throwing stones from the outside ?

Milan
                Maybe not everyone is up for ever closer union?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Aye,

Milan
                  So you ignore everything we post and put up what you feel instead?

Once again, we in the UK have never voted to be in a situation in which other countries, who have completely different interests to us, can decide what happens on a day to day basis in the UK. The nearest we got was the Blair Brown project which promised a referendum but never delivered.

We do not want to be run by other countries and politicians of those countries that we cannot remove democratically.

We have little or no influence within the EU because we see things differently to the vast majority of the other members who just ignore us now. Saying we can influence from within is nonsense.

The EU is going in completely different direction to us. We have been devolving power outwards to the members of the UK and even the internal regions. The EU is desperately trying to centralise everything with a pathetic little power grab.

What the EU should do, if it weren't so insecure, would be to note that there will be plenty of other countries that actually want to be members, and to strengthen the bond they all want. It would be to let those who don't want to be inside, leave on sensible terms and trade with them sensibly.

Instead of the above we have a whole raft of dictators appearing in Germany, France and Holland and as we know from history, dictators never do that well in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    So you ignore everything we post and put up what you feel instead?

Once again, we in the UK have never voted to be in a situation in which other countries, who have completely different interests to us, can decide what happens on a day to day basis in the UK. The nearest we got was the Blair Brown project which promised a referendum but never delivered.

We do not want to be run by other countries and politicians of those countries that we cannot remove democratically.

We have little or no influence within the EU because we see things differently to the vast majority of the other members who just ignore us now. Saying we can influence from within is nonsense.

The EU is going in completely different direction to us. We have been devolving power outwards to the members of the UK and even the internal regions. The EU is desperately trying to centralise everything with a pathetic little power grab.

What the EU should do, if it weren't so insecure, would be to note that there will be plenty of other countries that actually want to be members, and to strengthen the bond they all want. It would be to let those who don't want to be inside, leave on sensible terms and trade with them sensibly.

Instead of the above we have a whole raft of dictators appearing in Germany, France and Holland and as we know from history, dictators never do that well in the end.
                    Quite possibly the biggest load of old bollocks that I have read (apart from the UKIP manifesto) but what do you expect from someone who has no idea of life outside of their own little cocooned world...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Quite possibly the biggest load of old bollocks that I have read (apart from the UKIP manifesto) but what do you expect from someone who has no idea of life outside of their own little cocooned world...
                      To be fair he's only quoting what he's read in the Murdoch, Darce et al press. If he actually knew people who worked in the European parliament or was involved in foreign/cross border projects involving governmental policies he would see British fingers all over it.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X