• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan C in the Telegraph

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan C in the Telegraph

Contracting is getting near End of Days, plan B is a slow burner. Plan C however, which is basically a hobby that involves getting p!55ed a lot seems to be getting some traction....

How independent gins are bringing new life to the dry martini 

Tickets still available here - http://mrtn.is/2hM3mDF
    World's Best Martini

I have a spare early bird freebie ticket. No need for anyone to spend a tenner (plus booking fee)

Comment

I was surprised when you pretended to have a friend
      World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
        I was surprised when you pretended to have a friend
        That's harsh! She decided she'd rather go to the gym than Battersea.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Is that a euphemism I'm not familiar with? Not like being taken up the Oxo Tower is it?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I learned a few choice new phrases from NF's links today. None of the above, I hasten to add.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              One of Elvis Costello's finest works.
              World's Best Martini

Comment

You can keep all those floral 'craft' gins as they don't have the strength to carry a decent vermouth. I'll stick with my Tanqueray Ten.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Ah! Go down 3 threads and find one not by the usual culprits about Brexit. Didn't bother to read what your post was about but good post all the same.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    You can keep all those floral 'craft' gins as they don't have the strength to carry a decent vermouth. I'll stick with my Tanqueray Ten.
                    There's the "floral" ones - things with rhubarb/grapefruit/etc and then there's the craft ones that are just craft gins, such as Silent Pool, Copperhead, Monkey 47, Filliers, etc.
                    I'm a big fan of Tanqueray No. Ten, but I also like playing around with cocktails.

A few days ago I was in a local pub which has 32 different gins. They had a sample of a grapefruit gin which The Wife (tm) loved with a splash of Fever Tree. The landlord and I didn't like it, so we started blending.
                    Final mix was grapefruit gin, Tanqueray Rangpur and Malibu (with a splash of Fever Tree)

I've been informed that after my years of asking, The Wife (tm) has relented and I now need to choose the still I want for my birthday so I can start making my own gin.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X