• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VIVE & Lasers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIVE & Lasers

So advice please:

BGG & I have a “tradition” that in January of each year we plan major expenses for the year ahead, so oven & dishwasher are the boring ones but the toys for consideration are a VIVE set up (BGG’s choice) & a Laser Cutter (my choice: been toying with the idea of getting one for a couple of years now)

So the question is do any of you have either a Laser Cutter or a VIVE & if so any comments / hints / pitfalls about spec / sellers etc

TIA
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    So advice please:

BGG & I have a “tradition” that in January of each year we plan major expenses for the year ahead, so oven & dishwasher are the boring ones but the toys for consideration are a VIVE set up (BGG’s choice) & a Laser Cutter (my choice: been toying with the idea of getting one for a couple of years now)

So the question is do any of you have either a Laser Cutter or a VIVE & if so any comments / hints / pitfalls about spec / sellers etc

TIA
    My HDK2 arrived a few minutes ago (cheaper VIVE-like thingy). I'm planning to get the VIVE later.

I think you need the virtual world first to design your stuff. Then the laser cutter afterwards when you want to make it real.

Anyone else got the HDK2? It's more nerdy than the VIVE, someone here must have one?

Comment

Working...
    X