• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Change in Economic model

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change in Economic model

Brexit: UK 'could change economic model' if single market access denied - BBC News

So, is this yet another thing people voted for last year???

What would evenbe the point of cutting corp tax now when there is a EU wide consensus that corp tax will be paid on profits made in each country, rather than where parent company is registered, surely in any case Ireland could match the rate AND be inside EU?

How would most people who voted for Brexit feel about change in "economic" model at their expense?

Discuss

Definitely a case of ones bark being worse than its bite.

PS: The schee that's falling in this part of the world would be enough to put the UK on full military alert.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sounds like a fancy way of saying "I haven't got a clue what we'll do if we can't get a deal with the EU, but I suppose we'll have to do something"

Comment

Cons are illegally pushing their own agenda falsley claiming that this is what people supposedly voted for - this is treason.

They are saying in the face of peope, that social model will be abandoned - ironically that would hit hardest most of those who voted for Brexit, perhaps thats the plan? It would certainly make it much easier to run new referendum in 10 years, good Anakin, good
        Last edited by AtW; 15 January 2017, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Cons are illegally pushing their own agenda falsley claiming that this is what people supposedly voted for - this is treason.

They are saying in the face of peope, that social model will be abandoned - ironically that would hit hardest most of those who voted for Brexit, perhaps thats the plan? It would certainly make it much easier to run new referendum in 10 years, good Anakin, good
          Where was it we voted for the Lisbon treaty?
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Where was it we voted for the Lisbon treaty?
            What's your problem with that treaty? It allows UK to do what you want - leave EU

Comment

What's your problem with that treaty? It allows UK to do what you want - leave EU
              Does it? Time will tell if A50 holds up in law (EU Law).

Lisbon, too much too fast. Politics and ideology ahead of practicality.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Does it? Time will tell if A50 holds up in law (EU Law).

Lisbon, too much too fast. Politics and ideology ahead of practicality.
                I am all for referendums - direct democracy is the only way, but NOT rare referendums like here - that gives chance to populists sway weak brains

Comment

I am all for referendums - direct democracy is the only way, but NOT rare referendums like here - that gives chance to populists sway weak brains
                  I live in a country with direct democracy. Frankly, it's not something I'd trust the chavs in the UK with. At least here, it's considered that you should make the effort to understand the issues and the implications before casting your vote. Not just "...ugh.. don' like furriners... ugh". (Although to be fair that is the thought processes of the most rural SVP voters).
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Sounds like a fancy way of saying "I haven't got a clue what we'll do if we can't get a deal with the EU, but I suppose we'll have to do something"
                    Well it's been clear from the start that this will involve shafting the bottom half of the population. Low tax for corps hence even worse public services, low wage, deregulated economy.
                    Can't wait for the Brexiters to get what they voted for
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X